Review: Orcatorch D620

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would buy it too but the beam is 14 degrees, I would much prefer 7. Orcatorch?

I exchanged some messages with @OrcaTorch a month or so ago. They told me that a new version of the D620 is going to be released sometime around mid-October (I think) that will have double the canister capacity and also a beam angle that is 6 - 8 degrees.

I exchanged some messages with @OrcaTorch a month or so ago. They told me that a new version of the D620 is going to be released sometime around mid-October (I think) that will have double the canister capacity and also a beam angle that is 6 - 8 degrees.
I wonder what the price point will be? Hopefully no more than 450€

I wonder what the price point will be? Hopefully no more than 450€

No idea. But, OrcaTorch posted somewhere that the new light will have a built-in, proprietary battery pack, instead of taking customer-supplied individual 18650 batteries. So, I am not very hopeful that the price on the new light will be anywhere near comparable to the current D620 price.

No idea. But, OrcaTorch posted somewhere that the new light will have a built-in, proprietary battery pack, instead of taking customer-supplied individual 18650 batteries. So, I am not very hopeful that the price on the new light will be anywhere near comparable to the current D620 price.
Well, they supply a full 4-slot charger and the 18650 with the D620, if the new one is a direct USB charging it might not be much more expensive.

Well, they supply a full 4-slot charger and the 18650 with the D620, if the new one is a direct USB charging it might not be much more expensive.

Ah. I didn't realize the D620 includes the charger and batteries.

Fingers crossed!

Ah. I didn't realize the D620 includes the charger and batteries.

Fingers crossed!
It’s a really nice charger as well. Has a car plug so it’s my travel charger for all my batteries. Home primary is the Xtar Dragon.

I just checked their web site and it states 8° beam with 70° halo. It's an old canister design though.
Screenshot (9).png

Hi RainPilot, the new one is with a built-in battery pack which can be charged by a power charger. The power charger is faster charging than USB direct charging. It has a USB output and can be as a power bank.

Hi RainPilot, the new one is with a built-in battery pack which can be charged by a power charger. The power charger is faster charging than USB direct charging. It has a USB output and can be as a power bank.

Sounds good, how much do you think that’s going to increase the price by?

It’s 14 degrees
Is that measured by you? The site clearly says 8, is that inaccurate or...? Not fighting just clarifying.

Back
Top Bottom