Returning a Tank, and Others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yc92602

Registered
Reaction score
I bought an AL80 tank at the LDS last week. Besides hooking up the regulator and taking a few test breath, never dived with it. I took it back trying to exchange for a different color and was told that they cannot take it back BY LAW. They also said they cannot take back any life-support equipment (such as the regulators, which he mentioned clearly) by law.

Does anybody know if there's such law here in the US? Where can I find it (the law)?

I've never heard of any federal law like that. The shop I worked at did accept returns. It is probably something state or local, so we need to know where you are.

sharkbaitDAN:
I've never heard of any federal law like that. The shop I worked at did accept returns. It is probably something state or local, so we need to know where you are.

I'm in CA. I remember the guy mentioned DOT.

yc92602:
I'm in CA. I remember the guy mentioned DOT.

Contact the DOT in CA and see what they have to say about it. Let us know what you find out.

Wow... and people wonder why local shops are going out of business... If there was such a law, I'm pretty sure I would have run into it... we sell all across the US... Anyone can take back anything...

Ask your LDS what they're smoking and if they realize it's probably illegal to smoke it.

That is one huge load of bull. IMHO

yc92602:
I bought an AL80 tank at the LDS last week. Besides hooking up the regulator and taking a few test breath, never dived with it. I took it back trying to exchange for a different color and was told that they cannot take it back BY LAW. They also said they cannot take back any life-support equipment (such as the regulators, which he mentioned clearly) by law.

Does anybody know if there's such law here in the US? Where can I find it (the law)?

What was wrong with the color of the tank you bought?

Did you purchase it with a credit card? If so contact them and let them deal with the vendor. No such law in Texas with the exception of some very personal items.
Also is it posted that there are no returns or refunds on items of this type?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom