Rethinking my choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi TAvi....
I should have thought of this before....
But if you are short a shorter tank will be fine for trim...
Bit if you are tall you need to go with the longer tank (104)....
To be able to get the correct horizontal trim...

Hi im 5-11 and LP steel 95s are the perfect length for me!
You can still sit down without the tank hanging below your butt!
I have 4 steel 95s and love them I get up to 76 minutes bottom time lobstering with them! one set are the newer scubapro 2640 tanks. The others are 1970s scubapro 3000 pound ones. Funny thing happened with the old tanks when i had them visualed at a LDs I dont usualy go to. When I went to pick them up the kid upstairs says those tanks just passed the visual! And suggested I trade them in for new ones. I say no thanks and pay for them.
I go downstairs to get the tanks. The owner says You own these tanks I say yea! He says Ive been looking for a set of these want to sell them I say no thanks! Hmm looks a little funny hehe!!
My 2 cents Rick L

According to PST the 104 is 2.13 inches longer and 2.6lbs heavier than the 95. Do you know/or think that that would be enough to make a difference in comfort and Trim? Could you still sit down?

Thanks, Tavi

I guess that would depend on what bc you use! I use a scubapro finseal. 2 inchs would make it hang bellow my butt. But other bcs
you can pull it higher up in the strap. scubapro has a molded place for the tank to sit in.
Rick L

I dive with a Dive-Rite Transpac II. Trim is more important than being able to sit down, but if the tank is that low it will probably put me in a plowing position (not good).

looking forward to Uncle Pugs opinion now that he knows my hieght.

Thanks for the help thinking this through, Tavi

My original thinking was, "more is better" (104cf rather than 95cf).
I had'nt thought about trim though. Maybe(?) the 95's are the best choice?

I was just thinking.
I can't Imagine how much $ I would have spent, and how much gear that doesn't work quite the way I want it to I would have, if it wasn't for the people on these boards sharing their experience and opinions!

MY Thanks to All, Tavi:)

Tavi,

Although I have never dove PST 104's doubles. I can't see it being a problem with the other variables you can adjust

With the transpac you should have 3 choices on where to bolt doubles in. I use the middle set --the top ones give me too much headdown with the 112s or 95s.

Of course you can always move the bands lower on the tanks if you want too. All mine are as high as I can get them.

HTH

Originally posted by Tavi
I was wondering about that,
I'm 5'10", is the 104 to long for me?

Thanks, Tavi

By the way... if you dress for the surface...
If that is where your gear fits...
That is where you should stay...

But you Tavi will dress for success...
U/W....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom