Restructuring Florida...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A new forum structure for Florida will be implemented today and over the weekend.

This new structure will be similar to the California Kelp Divers forum.

Florida Conch Divers
--North Florida
----Trips and Local Market Place... North Florida
--South Florida
----Trips and Local Market Place... South Florida

In addition, there's going to be a club forum for the Greater Tampa Bay forum, located in the South Florida forum.

It's a shame nobody asks the Conchs what we want before any of the attempts at restructuring.

Since SW Florida doesn't fit in any of those categories, I'll just post in the main Conch forum.

Was this necessary? There wasn't that much traffic...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Was this necessary? There wasn't that much traffic...

I agree... this wasn't necessary.

There are more divers in Florida than most other places and enough to warrant having seperate regions in the state.

Doing this without any discussion of the people who dive there is also pretyt negative.

Maybe you want to make less groups/sub-forums on Scubaboard. If that's so, why not get rid of some of the sub-forums that have only 30 threads in them in the past 3 years.

THere is more than enough diving activity in the FL Panhandle to warrant a sub-forum for that area.

Does "The Greater Tampa Area" include Orlando and central area of Florida? I thought Central Florida described it well, Tampa is in the central area and so are a lot of the springs areas. Now it sounds like we have South Florida, North Florida, and the state of Tampa! Geee I guess Orlando and the springs now just go into the entire state forum. Somebody should have looked at a map.

I do not see the necessity of basically changing the name from Central Florida to The greater Tampa area.

I don't understand why something so unimportant irritates me so much.

All due respect, I think Tampa's a dump. :(

Now I wake up, and find out I'm in the dump too? :no This may not be a total blunder, but it's in the Greater Blunder area.

I'll just assume for now the "transition" is incomplete.

mike_s:
I agree... this wasn't necessary.

There are more divers in Florida than most other places and enough to warrant having seperate regions in the state.

Doing this without any discussion of the people who dive there is also pretyt negative.

Maybe you want to make less groups/sub-forums on Scubaboard. If that's so, why not get rid of some of the sub-forums that have only 30 threads in them in the past 3 years.

THere is more than enough diving activity in the FL Panhandle to warrant a sub-forum for that area.

Panhandle divers should Secede from the Florida Discussions and join us in the Deep Dixie Section. They know they want to, anyway.

Agreed, pretty arbitrary to do this change with such little input. Maybe ditch the inactive regional DIR forums

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom