Restored "Hydromat" 3x7l triple pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oxydiver

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I an new here. A am a big fan from vintage gear and homebuilding is my biggest hobby. I have restored an old GDR navy triple pack with "Hydromat" double hose regulator. I build all parts myself with simle materials.
If you have interest , look here: oxydiver.de/index150.htm

I fill mysef with an old (repaired) compressor, Poseidon P 91.

Greetings to all

Micha

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

Very nice set up and very nice work.

You should join the National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers (NAVED). It is actually international. We have members from Australia to Germany, but most of us are in the US and dive Aqua Lung, Voit, Spirotechnique, Nemrod, etc. Very few people I know that dive the Drager regulators.

I really like your tanks. Is it noticeable that the DH regulator is not in the center? Are the left and right hoses different length?

Thaks

Thanks for welcome, danke für die Grüße,

the hoses from the regulator have the same lengh. The regulator is mounted out of center about 9 cm. This is no problem. The regulator was original used for a modular system. 1x7 liter or 2x7l or 3x7l. The triple pack was primarily for the east german navy(NVA).

Micha

The duckbill valve I have fabricate from a part of bicycle tire. It is glued the end and two little stripes left and right circa 5cm deeper. So it is flat and waterproof. Over the water the breathing resistance is a little bit higher, but underwater you noticed nothing.

Micha

The duckbill valve I have fabricate from a part of bicycle tire. It is glued the end and two little stripes left and right circa 5cm deeper. So it is flat and waterproof. Over the water the breathing resistance is a little bit higher, but underwater you noticed nothing.

Micha

Micha,

I checked out your page, your home-fabricated stuff looks really nice. That duckbill looks particularly nice to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom