Restaurant Suggestions in Key Largo and surrounding area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kayakingkate

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, My husband and I decided to celebrate my parent's retirement to Florida by adding a week of diving in the keys to our regular Thanksgiving family reunion!

So, what I'm looking for is any suggestions on places to eat.:popcorn: We're pretty laid back and love sitting outside staring at the water and having a beer and some food. But, he is having his birthday while we're there, so somewhere nice would be good to know too! We may head down to Key Largo for a day to dive with the DM we did our open water dives with too.

Thank You!

my favorites in key largo; buzzards roost, num thai(sushi and thai cuisine) and the fish house(encore also next door). further south(islamorada) try; island grill, kaiyos(sushi) and lazy days(terrific view of the ocean and food to match). only island grill and lazy days are on the ocean, the roost on a canal.

reefman
key largo

Not much on atmoshere but the food is really good at Mrs Mac's, around mile 100.

herman:
Not much on atmoshere but the food is really good at Mrs Mac's, around mile 100.

I have to agree, I typically don't dive in Key Largo on Sundays because Mrs. Mac's is closed :D

For something a bit nicer, I just love Bentley's down around MM 83 oceanside.

Old Tavernier for special treats.
Hobos was full of tourists every time I was in there but the portions are big and yummy.
Bentleys is very nice.
Anthony's has hands down best Italian.

The Bayside Grille, MM99.5 bayside, next to Hungry Pelican motel. Back behind Cafe Largo. Awesome views of sunset from the 2nd floor restaurant. Because it is kind of hidden, it is usually pretty quiet.

The other classics are The Fish House and Coconuts. A lot busier and noisy if that is what you are looking for.

While I like Hobo's (and often wear one of their T-shirts) I'll bet your parents would prefer Bayside Grille.

I also like the Japanese restaurant right around MM100 or so. I don't remember the name. It's around bayside MM99.5 to MM100 area on the main highway, across the street from the S. end of the large plaza that has Worldwide Watersports and across the side street from a Burger King or other fast food restaurant.

Thanks! These are great. I did the same thing in the Cozumel forum in May and everywhere we ate was awesome! I can't wait to to get on vacation and start diving and eating.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom