Resort's " New Normal " Rule - No AIR 2 or diving your long hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oops, my bad. Just went and checked title of thread. Sorry gang. Back to the subject at hand.

Why are you afraid of having your regulator out of your mouth? .

I'm not. Obviously I must have if I have changed to my secondary or yes to take photos or blow bubble rings. But in the context of barfing and having an uncontrolled inhale which could lead to taking water into the lungs for a diver not experienced in feeding the fish this way I prefer they keep their regulator in their mouths to avoid inhaling any water.

For chillyincanada.... not me but thought you light like this photo

DIVE GUIDE AND CLEANER SHRIMP.jpg

Oops, my bad. Just went and checked title of thread. Sorry gang. Back to the subject at hand.

Maybe we could change it to no barfing thru your air2 and long hose.

As it happens over the years I've found myself quite a bit more concerned about a Warhammer. So far successfully avoided but never say never, yikes
I've had to swim off the boat to do my business, but it's not a Warhammer if it's not on scuba and under water.

Didn't read through the whole thread, but how in the hell did someone think it was a good idea to enforce a rule where you should donate your primary, which is CLIPPED to a d-ring?!
How many divers can unclip and donate that primary at the same pace they can just grab the primary from their mouth and hand it over?
And to make it all worse, when the donating diver can't unclip his/her reg fast enough the out of air diver will probably go for the one in your mouth, but the problem is that reg is secured with a necklace, which makes it extremely hard (unless you are the hulk) to remove it, not to mention the fact that it is typically on a very short hose.
Whoever is running that resort is a complete moron and has very little understanding of anything that has to do with diving...

But in the context of barfing and having an uncontrolled inhale
Ah, the "uncontrolled inhale" myth... it's right there with having a mask on your forehead. So, what do you think you inhale if your reg is full of vomit? Vomit. That's the recipe for pneumonia right there. Thanks, but no thanks. If you have the presence of mind to clear your reg of vomit before you breathe, then you have the presence of mind to not inhale after you puke.

Like all rules, you should examine each and everyone to see if there's any real validity. Remember my list?
Science
Tradition
Fear
BS​

Only ones based on science are inviolate.

this thread has gone so far off topic

Whoever is running that resort is a complete moron
Wow. And at the other end of the spectrum... no need to be a complete degenerate about it. Oh, wait...

Dive and let dive.

Has it? It's all about rules. I think it's been mostly germane so far.

And by people that should know so much better! Someone should report to moderators team.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom