rescue diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dawny40

Reaction score
I am interested in doing a rescue diver course in Cozumel. Wanted to know if anyone has done or hear of anyone doing the course in Cozumel. I did do a search but nothing came up.
any info would be great!
thanks

Did my rescue diver in Cancun. My instructor recently transferred to a location in Cozumel. Message me if you are interested and I can give you her info.

Dawny, you asked the same question in two different forums. You can't do that...

Now, why do you want to take the course during your vacation? It's a serious course with a lot of work. You'll also need some sort of Medic certification. The DAN O2 provider course is a nice addition.

Your profile doesn't say where you live, but unless you live nowhere near the water, you should consider taking the course in your home town and enjoy your vacation.

Arnaud:
Dawny, you asked the same question in two different forums. You can't do that...

Now, why do you want to take the course during your vacation? It's a serious course with a lot of work. You'll also need some sort of Medic certification. The DAN O2 provider course is a nice addition.

Your profile doesn't say where you live, but unless you live nowhere near the water, you should consider taking the course in your home town and enjoy your vacation.

Why can't she post her question in more than one forum? Maybe she is looking for a diversity of opinions. There are people that post on other boards and not here and vice versa.

Actually, alot of people take courses while on vacation. I think that is a personal choice and different people have different needs and goals. However Dawny, Arnaud has a valid point. The Rescue Course is alot of work and is not alot of actual diving. Plan on four to five solid days of physical and mental work. You won't have alot of time for "fun" boat dives during your course. As long as you know what to expect, it is your choice to make.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Christi:
Why can't she post her question in more than one forum? Maybe she is looking for a diversity of opinions. There are people that post on other boards and not here and vice versa...

You can ask the same question to as many boards as you'd like, but you can't ask the same question in two different forums from the same board, at least not here. It's again the TOS.

ok, I am sorry if I went against the rules. I am new to the board and was not sure how it works. When I posted the first question, I was not getting any feedback so than I wanted to move it to this one. I tried to figure out how to do that, well, as you see I just did another thread for the same question.

Now, Thank you for your input on how much work it will be. I do understand that.

Teamheatwave, I would be interested in where your instructor is in Cozumel. If you would give me her name and if you have it, which place she is working at in Cozumel.
Thanks for all your help!

It also depends how long your holiday is, we're doing someone in 2 weeks time that is here for a month and for some crazy reason wants to be a dive master, go figure! - there are five open water sessions that cover self-rescue and diver stress, dive first aid , emergency management and equipment , swimming and non-swimming assists , panicked diver response , underwater problems , missing diver procedures, surfacing the unconscious diver, in water artificial respiration, egress (exits) , first aid procedures for pressure related accidents and dive accident scenarios . This theoretically could be completed in 4 days - it will depend on other commitments of the instructor and availability of resources and our friend the weather. Yes, you must have completed a 'sanctioned' CPR course within the last 2 years.

We often refer people who want to go to Cozumel to Deep Blue who offer the Rescue Diver Course, private message me for their details

have fun

Cat from Dive Puerto Morelos

Is it really that much work? I've got some medical training and do work search and rescue in another setting, also got my CPR current. I'm thinking that I'll try to get most of the book work done ahead of my trip and then just do the practical stuff down there. Do you guys think this can be done in a few days?

I guess to each their own, but when on vacation I don't want to be bogged down taking classes when I can dive. There was a good point made about taking the rescue class in the area you usually dive. What ever you decide, it's a good class to take and you will enjoy it.

I took my rescue course from a shop about 5 hours drive from me. My local shop was dragging their feet waiting for more people to sign up, for about 9 months, and I wanted to finish so I could move on to divemaster.
I read all the material and filled out the knowledge reviews before the class as well as watched the video. I did the class over 2 pretty full days, but after the surface work and rescues we got to do a lot of diving that was quite fun. The third day I took the test and went throught the emergency first responder class, which I breezed through since I have had basic first aid and cpr in hte past.
If you prepare it may be a great way to get a class in and a local orientation to the dive site. For the price of the class I got several tanks of air, a couple guided tours of an unfamiliar area, and two boat dives...as well as the c-card and a great deal of knowledge. It was well worth it.
Justin

Back
Top Bottom