rescue diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I got our Naui OW I certification while in Jamaica. I just got tired of taking those damned resort courses and then not being able to dive after we leave the island. The initial swim is a B@#$.

Anyway, we were the only people getting certified at that time. You get your own personnal DM for an accelerated course. If your going to do the diving I reccommend it. My wife, well she did it and I am still hearing about it :bash: I will get her to dive again one day :cheeky:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just got back from the final day of my rescue diver course, definitely worth doing. I am very very very very very tired, :)

Even though we started at 8am and left around 1pm it is more like a full day as you have all your gear to clean, I have never seen so much sand come out of my gear before today, and it is quite a lot of physical work as well. Would chew up a lot of your holiday if that was the case.

We also did the DAN 02 provider as part of the course and the emergency first responder. If your first aid is current then you could pass on your EFR but the DAN O2 provider is worth doing.

Paul.

I did my course in Hawaii.

As a class we had all done the book work/ knowledge reviews before we got to class and it still took a week of evenings to go through the material for the three certifications. RD, EFR and DAN 02.

I dont think it would speed it up unless you could sit the exams right off the bat, some outfits will let you, leaving just the practial skills to cover.

Paul.

You should have all your knowledge reviews completed, the book should be read and studied, the vidieo should be viewed befor you leave. You can have your First Responder course compleated at home. Then all you would need to do in Cozumel is the in water skills and the testing.
I was advised to do the rescue at home in NJ. But I am so busy when I am home, just getting away for weekend dives is about all I could find time for. So I took the course in Bonaire. It worked out great, the instructer beat the crap out of us, but it was alot of fun and very worth while.
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom