Rescue Diver review poll

How often do you review rescue and CPR skills?

• I review either academics or practical skills regularly (at least once monthly)

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • I don't really review much but take refresher courses every 2 years or so

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • I haven't really reviewed much since I took the courses

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I don't really review much because I teach the courses often enough

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way, I don’t know about the rest of you but on my device the 2 long ads beside this thread are fo CPR classes. Just say’n.

Thanks guys for addressing my Side Issue on CPR cert.
So far the poll is going about how I expected.

Refresher every 2 years works well for me. Its required to maintain the Emergency First Response card.
?? You need to review the Rescue class to renew your EFR card? Who requires that?

All polls are flawed.

The real answer wasn't there. (but the one I chose was close enough)

Yeah, the poll isn't perfect. "Monthly" may skew things a bit.
I do review my Rescue manual, but I read a page of all my manuals daily-- one manual at a time, so at one point I will read (skim) the entire Rescue one over a two week period, so maybe once a year. Whereas I skim a page of my EFR (CPR) book daily. So I Iump those two things in as regular review.
Pick the choice closest to what you do.

If you choose the first choice I take it to mean you feel you review stuff regularly enough to always be able to do what you have to do in an emergency (in your own mind, anyway....).

I chose option 3 but it's not 100% accurate. I did review/refresh rescue skills and CPR after my Rescue course because I completed up through Divemaster. I also kept them current while an active Divemaster. However, since I stopped DMing I've not refreshed my Rescue skills. I have refreshed CPR several times for work however. I selected the 3rd option because my frequency of refreshing these skills didn't match any of your other options.

These days I am no longer a Dive Pro and I mostly dive solo so my focus is on self rescue and fitness to dive.

I dont really refresh rescue diver skills but i kind of do... For my usa waterski offcials rating, i have to maintain a current CPR/1st Aid certification every 2 yrs

I chose option 3 but it's not 100% accurate. I did review/refresh rescue skills and CPR after my Rescue course because I completed up through Divemaster. I also kept them current while an active Divemaster. However, since I stopped DMing I've not refreshed my Rescue skills. I have refreshed CPR several times for work however. I selected the 3rd option because my frequency of refreshing these skills didn't match any of your other options.

These days I am no longer a Dive Pro and I mostly dive solo so my focus is on self rescue and fitness to dive.
Yes, that is my situation-"retired" and solo. So I'm not overly concerned about my ability to tow a diver while doing rescue breaths and removing equipment, since the last time I had a buddy was about 5 years ago. I review the CPR stuff in case my wife is ever in need. Also, anyone else I may run into who goes unconscious. The only time I've ever seen CPR has been watching TV. But my wife did save someone's life as a 16 year old life guard way back when.
So I suppose the rescue aspect of the poll is mostly for buddy divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom