Rescue Diver.. Are You One???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solodiver

Reaction score
:yellow: Having the rescue diver course introduced you to a new experiance in diving and helped build confidence. Right?

So how many of us are at least at RESCUE DIVERS level on this board? This Question is directed towards the non Pro divers. as all pros must have this Prer.
:yellow:

I think you'll be counting all the DM's and Instructors 'cause I think that all agencies require that level before going on the "pro" side.

I agree with you, when I took the course, it opened my eyes to many more things. I became more aware of what was happening at the surface, as well as the actual dive itself.

Not yet. However, it is a course that I planned on taking.

DivingGal's right...Rescue is part of the prerequisits for all DM's, AI's and Instructors.

Rescue was one of the most fun classes I ever took. Intense, tiring with lots of surprises!

I've got my rescue cert. Great class! It is required for DM, AI and most other "professional" level certs.

Scott

:yellow: Yes being a DM myself I knew that.. guess the question is more to the non professioal divers on the board. Sorry if i caused any confussion.
:yellow:

---------

Solodiver PADI OW, AOW, RESCUE DIVER, DIVE MASTER,
TDI NITROX, A NITROX, STAGE DECO.

Originally posted by Dee
DivingGal's right...Rescue is part of the prerequisits for all DM's, AI's and Instructors.

I knew that this is true for PADI, I just wasn't 100% that it applied to other agencies. (Though I also thought it should be)

I have a PADI Rescue Diver Cert. It's been years, though. I'm considering taking it again.

SSI actually recommends Rescue as the next course to take after open-water, and that's what I did. I didn't take it as just a step along the way to DM, rather, as something to show me some other facets of diving. Learned a lot, especially since I was the only one in the class (surprisingly, the dive shop didn't cancel the class due to low turnout).

-Simon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom