Rescue Diver.. Are You One???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even though SSI recommends this class post OW, it's obviously something that requires one to be comfortable in the water with solid grasp of fundamentals. I didn't take this class immediately after OW, but rather, after 20 or so dives. Granted, still not a huge amount of experience, but enough so that I was able to focus on the new skills rather than being held back by lack of basic skills.

-Simon

I aslo took the rescue class. I think it is a great course, a confidence builder, and your buddies will feel more comfortable too.

I would take the class again! Fun Stuff

TMD

I have taken Rescue as I am currently in DM training and I must say that it was the most enjoyable class I have taken so far and I think all level of divers should consider it!

I think the coarse was an eye opener and a confidence builder.
I see other divers much differently than I used to.

SSI Stress and Rescue, Master Diver.

That's probably as far as I go with SSI. I do not plan on pursuing any training on a proffesional level. :wink:

I'm rescue certified as of last August.

By pro, do you mean advanced certs, or people who get paid? I work events for the OPBRA (offshore power boat racing assn) as track safety/rescue. I also work for the fire dept. I have rescue diver.

One of the many things I'm looking forward to up here.

:yellow: Pro is a diver with a professional rating that of a Divemaster assist instructor and instructors. Sorry if that cause some confussion.

:yellow:

Rescue certified! woohoo...thank god I haven't had to use it for real (crosses her fingers).

I agree with Simon though. After I took the rescue class (PADI) I thought it should be offered between OW and advanced. I really didn't feel completely comfortable until I took rescue and knew the basics of how to handle situations.

And the class was FUN...exhausting, but fun!

I waited way too long, but I finally did the rescue course. It was about the most serious fun I've ever had. I'm now working on DM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom