Request to join private group is hung?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Howdy folks,

I'm having an issue joining a private group (Naui Instructor sub-forum of Instructor-to-Instructor). I've spoken with the mod handling the group and they're telling me they don't see my request and asking that I resubmit and they can approve. Problem is that when I go into the group membership request tool, the radio button to request membership is missing and replaced by a message that I requested membership on Jan 31st. I've been trying for a while now to correct this issue, with no luck. Is this something I can correct on my own or will someone else have to clear the old request?

I did search for a resolution to this issue but no luck with finding the right search criteria.

Thanks in advance,
Erin

I see your request in the queue. The group leader for the NAUI group has to approve it. You can PM them, or I can... The group leaders are [user]BurhanMuntasser[/user] or [user]cerich[/user].

They need to look here -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups and they can review join requests, and they'll see yours as well.

The issue of not being able to submit a second join request while there is still a pending one is how it's supposed to work :wink:

I figured that was probably the case and have been IM'ing with BM who had stated he was unable to see my request. I'll PM back with the link you provided and hope that will work.

Thanks,
Erin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom