REQUEST :: Bungee Mount for Oceanic VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a chance to work on the bungee routing yesterday and after several different routing methods I found that the cross-strap method was the most stable and comfortable (actually, it's really comfortable) method for me. I could try and explain it. . . But, here's a couple of pics instead.
DSS_VT3bungee_1_.JPG

DSS_VT3bungee.JPG

I also like this routing because it puts the knots on the non-button side. Unfortunately, the only real way to know if this routing is the best is to dive it. And for that I'll have to wait a couple of weeks.:depressed:

Ok, I just got my new DSS VT3 wrist mount, now, how do I get the computer out of the original housing? Ronzo says it's very easy, but I don't want to mess anything up.

Ok, I just got my new DSS VT3 wrist mount, now, how do I get the computer out of the original housing? Ronzo says it's very easy, but I don't want to mess anything up.

Hi Tricia,

If you have an OEM wrist mount it has three pieces, a molded "surround" and a a two piece strap that mounts to the instrument like a watch band. The straps use "spring pins" that function like a paper towel or toilet paper dispenser. These spring pins telescope into themselves. Use the edge of a knife to slide these pins "into" the watch band.

Once you remove the two halves of the strap you need to push the instrument out of the molded "surround" Soaking the instrument and surround in hot tap water helps.

A little hot tap water on the DSS mount helps with install also. It takes a bit of "muscle" to get the VT3 into the DSS mount.

Good luck,

Tobin

Got it! The hot water helped a lot.

When you've got a wrist that's small enough to touch your thumb and pinky together, those gargantuan rubber straps are a real bother. This is going to work so much better.

A big thank you to Tobin and his team at DSS for all that they do. I hope you all have a wonderful 2009!

I'm gonna order me one as well. My VT3 is on the way. And I think that Deep Sea Supply should talk to Aeris/Oceanic about having this mount sold as OEM accessory or OEM standard instead of the wrist strap thingie that comes as standard. I'm sure that we Scubaboarders will testify to the superiority of the DSS unit. That way DSS can make some bucks by selling a bunch to Aeris/Oceanic and the other owners don't have to go through the rigmarole that we went through.

I got a chance to work on the bungee routing yesterday and after several different routing methods I found that the cross-strap method was the most stable and comfortable (actually, it's really comfortable) method for me. I could try and explain it. . . But, here's a couple of pics instead.

<< ORIGINAL PIC >>

<< ORIGINAL PIC >>

I also like this routing because it puts the knots on the non-button side. Unfortunately, the only real way to know if this routing is the best is to dive it. And for that I'll have to wait a couple of weeks.:depressed:

looks spiffy! :cool2: so, if I see correctly from the pics, the strap is the only thing that is removed and the DSS mount fits right over the rest of the plastic housing? or do you actually pop the computer out of the case?

. . . so, if I see correctly from the pics, the strap is the only thing that is removed and the DSS mount fits right over the rest of the plastic housing? or do you actually pop the computer out of the case?
The straps come off and the computer comes out (for Tobins instructions, see post #63). When all is said and done, here's the VT3 parts that you'll be left with (NOTE: the case in the picture is the original Oceanic, not DSS's).
VT3_Parts.JPG

The straps come off and the computer comes out (for Tobins instructions, see post #63). When all is said and done, here's the VT3 parts that you'll be left with (NOTE: the case in the picture is the original Oceanic, not DSS's).
VT3_Parts.JPG

thanks, didn't realize there is another "shroud" on the outside of the unit. Just saw the strap mounts on the bottom shot and assumed otherwise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom