Reports of my death...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
...have been greatly exaggerated.

Yesterday my wife recieved a phone call from a local (as local as you get around here anyway) dive shop owner that we've known for a long time.

I was ouside waiting for my wife. We were on our way out to pick up a couple of horses that we just baught (running late as usual) when the phone rang. I yelled in the house "Who is it?". Her reply came back as "mumble...mumble...dead". Well my heart dropped into my throat because I thought she was trying to tell me that some one had died. I yelled back..."Who". She yelled back..."You". I said..."No. Who's dead?". She said..."You are". I said..."I am not!". She said "Well, that's not what Tom says!".

Realizing that we just weren't going to get those horses picked up until this was settled I went in the house and picked up the phone so that I could convince all three of us that I was not dead.

Tom was calling to see if my wife needed any help as he had heard that I was killed in a cave diving accident. It was a kind and much appreciated gesture and there is a measure of comfort in knowing that the local dive community will be there for my family should I ever get killed in a cave diving accident.

In the mean time though, please disregard any rumors you may have heard concerning my recent death. It would be presumptuous of me to make any guaranties for the future but, at least for the present, I am still here.

PS...Should any one come upon any detailed information about the accident I would be interested in hearing about it.

I'm VERY happy to hear that you are alive and kicking! Please stay that way!
At least by posting your rebuttal here SB can't become a rumour mill for this. (I wouldn't have known you were supposed to be dead unless you'd said it yourself!!!)

Well Welcome back.....is it true is there a light at the end of the tunnel??? :)

MikeFerrara:
...have been greatly exaggerated.

Yesterday my wife recieved a phone call from a local (as local as you get around here anyway) dive shop owner that we've known for a long time.

I was ouside waiting for my wife. We were on our way out to pick up a couple of horses that we just baught (running late as usual) when the phone rang. I yelled in the house "Who is it?". Her reply came back as "mumble...mumble...dead". Well my heart dropped into my throat because I thought she was trying to tell me that some one had died. I yelled back..."Who". She yelled back..."You". I said..."No. Who's dead?". She said..."You are". I said..."I am not!". She said "Well, that's not what Tom says!".

Realizing that we just weren't going to get those horses picked up until this was settled I went in the house and picked up the phone so that I could convince all three of us that I was not dead.

Tom was calling to see if my wife needed any help as he had heard that I was killed in a cave diving accident. It was a kind and much appreciated gesture and there is a measure of comfort in knowing that the local dive community will be there for my family should I ever get killed in a cave diving accident.

In the mean time though, please disregard any rumors you may have heard concerning my recent death. It would be presumptuous of me to make any guaranties for the future but, at least for the present, I am still here.

PS...Should any one come upon any detailed information about the accident I would be interested in hearing about it.

OH MY GOD!!! MIKE IS POSTING ON SCUBABOARD FROM THE AFTERLIFE!!!! Well, it's nice to know that God has internet. I feel better about being mortal now.

Glad you're ok.

R..

Hey Mike, how's the diving in the after life!:wink:
Glad you're atill with us.

jason

Do you need air when you dive in the afterlife? Do you get DCS? :wink:

Been there, done that :)
Last year the Lovely Young Kat & I went to buy a car. The dealer had a really good deal on a car loan so I told him to go ahead and do the financing. After a few minutes on the computer he said "we're gonna do the loan in Kathy's name, ok?"
"Sure" I said... "is there some problem with my credit rating?"
"Oh, no" sez he, "your credit rating is top notch, but you're dead."
Took another six months to get *that* straightened out.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom