Report on diving with BlueXT Sea for the first time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waynel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Many, many thanks to Christi for making the "special dive trip" with my adult daughter happen. She and her fiance were staying at Cozumel Palace, and arrived three days before I checked into Hotel Barracuda. My daughter, while 34 years old, is still very much a procrastinator. They were diving with the op at Palace and I was trying to get her and her fiance to dive one day with me on a BlueXT boat. They always rent gear. Well, I was frantically trying to get my daughter to get the forms to Christi and gear requirements, etc. And Christi was just so patient with all of us. And the dive was so special to us because my daughter and I were the last people to dive with my wife when she passed three years ago. In fact, when we did the dive we had a little "ceremony" on Tormentos. Thank you so much Christi! You are a sweetheart. And Pedro and Martin? Outstanding guides! So polite, so tolerant (my daughter's fiance is a newbie). What I really liked about both of them is that for the last three dives of my trip there were only three divers but we were all heavily experienced. Point being is that they understood our skill level and acted accordingly. I've been in that situation where the guide gets pissed off if you don't signal him exactly what air you have left instead of just an "ok." And do it two or three times on a dive...and if you're looking for something, they let you know on the boat "you must watch me." Decades ago, when I was new, I never took my eyes off the guide...but now? My point is...both Martin and Pedro can so accurately assess each diver on the first dive that they know exactly what level of "attention" they need to pay to each diver. That my friends, is the perfect guide. Christi, don't lose those two guys. Because I dove with Rick and Jane, two of your repeats and I can see why they dive with your op. I'm there to dive and explore not have a guide treat me like every newbie and telling me how much weight I need. If you're AOW or above, or if you have a newbie diving with you (like I did) BlueXT Sea is a great op to consider. I'll be back in Coz for Carnival (if not sooner). Christi, we'll have that coffee then.

Hi Wayne,
My wife and I met you at sunset at Jeanie's Waffle Shop and talked to you again at the surface intervals. We're glad you had this moment. We've been married and dive buddies for 39 years and we both were inspired. Both of us made a vow to do something like you did if we can when the time comes. All the best. We may meet again in Coz sometime!

Good report and glad you had a good time with Blue Xt Sea. I am looking forward to finally getting back down there in October, after what will have been an 18 month Cozumel hiatus and dive with them again.

Wayne, so sorry I missed out diving with you all on my last day!!!!! :(

Stomach bug took me down hard! Maybe next time! Glad you had a great time and everything worked out. Pedro is a special DM and I am always in awe of his abilities to dive, DM, coach divers, etc etc. If there is a Hall of Fame for DM's he should be in it!

Brian I know it's a long time until Oct but say Hi to Pedro for me & if you remember ask him what he thought about the can of Maple Syrup I gave him. He didn't know what it was then but I'm guessing he does now.

Larry, I will try to do that, and yes October is a looooooonnng time from now.

I'll try to remind you when we get close to Oct. I'm sure there will be the standard thread for those going in Oct.

Hi Wayne,
My wife and I met you at sunset at Jeanie's Waffle Shop and talked to you again at the surface intervals. We're glad you had this moment. We've been married and dive buddies for 39 years and we both were inspired. Both of us made a vow to do something like you did if we can when the time comes. All the best. We may meet again in Coz sometime!
Yes, we had a great conversation during happy hour watching the sun go down. So happy to have met you! That's another great thing about diving Cozumel, the people you meet. When you're on a boat, everyone is a diver. You don't know if the guy (or girl) sitting next to you is a plumber or owns a 100 unit condo in Coz. I dove with a doctor on this trip and didn't even realize it until the third day, because what we do (for a living) doesn't matter on a boat, it's all about what we are doing together on that boat.

Wayne, so sorry I missed out diving with you all on my last day!!!!! :(

Stomach bug took me down hard! Maybe next time! Glad you had a great time and everything worked out. Pedro is a special DM and I am always in awe of his abilities to dive, DM, coach divers, etc etc. If there is a Hall of Fame for DM's he should be in it!

He told us, on Thursday of last week that he logged dive number 12,000! Been a guide for over 25 years.

Wayne, thank you for posting the trip report. It was nice to see the results after you had posted during your planning process. Really great that you worked out the dive day with your daughter!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom