Report from EuroTek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill Heinerth

RebreatherPro
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
The Eurotek conference was held Oct 16-17 in Birmingham, England. Organized by Leigh Bishop, Roz Lunn, Mark Dixon and Crispin Brake, the show offered perhaps the best gathering of technical diving experts ever assembled. With four large conference rooms offering concurrent sessions and a significant representation of manufacturers and displays, there was far more information and eye candy than could be absorbed in the short weekend.

Saturday night’s evening gala dinner even saw a sometimes rag tag assembly of cave and wreck divers sporting tuxedos and ball gowns. Dedicated to the memory of diving luminary Carl Spencer, there were many opportunities to reflect on his significant contributions to wreck exploration as well as learn lessons from his untimely death on the Britannic Expedition of 2009.

In my view, the conference was incredibly polished and professional while offering numerous opportunities for informal discussions between divers, medical experts, engineers, manufacturers and pioneers. The speaker list was an international A-list and attendees hailed from over seventeen countries by my count.
Attending conferences such as Eurotek offer priceless opportunities to brainstorm and learn from each other in a very open and casual manner. The delegates and presenters packed a single hotel close to the Convention Hall, allowing for many chances to meet in the bar, chat over breakfast and find a rare moment for a bit of sleep. (In fact my only complaint was not having any time to sleep because of all the great opportunities for discussion). In addition to offering my own seminars, I had a chance to attend several presentations by other excellent speakers. Presentations covered expeditions, wrecks, mines and caves around the world as well as technical topics such as in water recompression, modern deco advancements, rebreather diving, accident analysis and panel discussions.

I can’t begin to offer enough positive praise for this event. In the coming weeks, I will write additional blog posts about relevant presentations and discussions I had during the event.

All Good Things, Jill Heinerth

Attachments

• eurotek2010_poster1_s.jpg
    eurotek2010_poster1_s.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom