Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TEKDiveUSA.2020 – Understanding the science of Stupid
Apeks5-900x444.jpg

Join
Dominic Housiaux at TEKDiveUSA.2020. Have you ever complained about people's lack of situational awareness? Do you find yourself thinking, I would never do that because..., Do you shrug and say, you can't fix stupid? Did you know that most people in the twin towers exit stairways during 9/11 were completely calm, moving slowly and helping each other? In this session we will explore understanding peoples behavior, decision making and perception of risk, in "high pressure" environments. See more here

Join us April 24th-26th, 2020 in Orlando Florida for a weekend of technical diving education, community and fun! We seek to inspire, unite, educate, and excite divers from around the globe. TEKDiveUSA is an epic diving conference geared towards technical diving for both the novice and the expert diver. It does not matter if you are a seasoned explorer or if you are just tech curious. We offer a chance to meet with the technical diving community and hear from experts and explorers pursuing some of the most exciting projects on the planet. TEKDiveUSA offers a wide range of presentations covering subjects from cave diving, wreck diving, diving physiology, mine diving, underwater photography & videography, rebreathers, and technical training and safety protocols. Tickets are on sale now at tekdiveusa.com
87049668_2728010173964105_2536202991724134400_o.jpg

Join Pete Mesley for - TEKDIVEUSA.2020 – Technical dive trips in remote locations – What are the actual risks and how safe are you really?
PMP5553-900x444.jpg

As tech divers we are all taught the risks involved in technical diving. But do we really fully grasp the consequences of diving in remote areas where medical help and western medicine and backup are not so close at hand?

This presentation will hopefully help you understand some of the challenges faced when someone gets decompression Illness in a remote location. Actual events will be discussed where outcomes would have been completely different if there had not been medical and hyperbaric back up. Read More Here

In May 2019, a group of cavers visited the famous silver mines of Laurion, in the South-East Region of Attica (Greece). The main objective of this visit was to inspect and document the flooded chambers. And the journey of the underwater exploration began…. Join Maria Fotiadi, Erikos Kranidiotis, and Stelios Stamatakis for
GOPR0158RAW-1-900x444.jpg

TEKDIVEUSA.2020 – UNDERWATER EXPLORATION AT THE GREEK MINES OF LAVREOTIKI REGION
Read More Here

Evan Kovacs presents a unique and personal perspective of technical diving... from NY Wreck divers to professional filmmakers and shipwreck explorer’s using some of the most advanced equipment available to explore and document many of the most notable shipwrecks in the world.
TEKDIVEUSA.2020 – DIVING INTO THE FUTURE: THIRTY YEARS OF ADVANCING DIVE TECHNOLOGY.
IMG_4797-900x444.jpg

Lineater-50-foot-habitat-900x444.jpg

During a long decompression, what could be better than getting your head, upper body or all of you out of the water into a habitat for some warmth, food and perhaps some entertainment? What is a habitat? Where can I get one? How do I get it in the cave? How do I anchor it? What should I breathe? For a practical discussion covering these and many other aspects of every diver's favorite "home away from home", come to my talk at TekDiveUSA.2020! Join Andrew Pitkin for TEKDIVEUSA.2020 – DECOMPRESSION HABITATS

TEKDIVEUSA.2020 – Lurking in the Shadows – Capturing Moments in the Mexican Underwater Cave Systems
2019_03_24_Jon-Bill-BlueAbyss-215-900x444.jpg

The underwater caves of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula are flooded time capsules filled will geological and archaeological marvels that take us back tens of thousands of years. For over 2 years
SJ Alice Bennett has been striving towards capturing a different angle of these cave systems. With her background in event & documentary photography, she aims not only to capture the otherworldly beauty, but also the emotions felt when swimming though these breathtaking environments. Read More Here

TEKDiveUSA has been monitoring the evolving situation on coronavirus both in the U.S. and around the globe. Due to the public health emergency we are currently facing, we believe that it is not possible to move forward with TEKDiveUSA.2020 as planned.

In the interest of addressing the health and safety concerns of our stakeholders and in consultation with partners throughout the technical diving industry, as well as local and federal health agencies we have decided not to move forward with the TEKDiveUSA.2020 Conference in April. We are currently considering a number of potential alternatives to create the best possible experience for our community. Our intention at this time is to reschedule the Conference. All exhibition spaces, sponsorships, attendee tickets will be honored at the rescheduled Conference.

We appreciate your patience as we work through the details of rescheduling our Conference. We will keep you updated as soon as possible so please stay tuned for more details.

This was not an easy decision. Fortunately, we did not have to make this decision alone, and are grateful to our community for engaging with us as we grappled with the rapidly-evolving situation. This Conference is as much yours as it is ours, and it is important to us that we move forward together.

TEKDiveUSA strives to provide superior value and the best possible experience for exhibitors, sponsors and attendees. We knew that if we could not deliver on those expectations, we would not move forward. More importantly, keeping the community safe and healthy is TEKDiveUSA’s highest priority; therefore, we are deferring to the developing consensus from public health authorities on the challenges posed by coronavirus.

We are still weighing the best potential path forward, and we ask you for your patience as we do so. We are committed to exploring all possible alternatives so that we can provide a productive setting where the industry can engage with the latest technology, hear from industry thought leaders and make the game-changing connections that drive our industry forward.
I want to stress that despite our disappointment at how this year’s Conference has been impacted by global public health concerns, we are more excited than ever about the future of TEKDiveUSA and our relationship with you.

We are grateful for each and every member of our Conference community. It is your passion for the industry that makes TEKDiveUSA a success, and it is that same passion that will drive us into the future as we look ahead to new possibilities later this year and beyond.

Stay safe,
Kerstin Olcott
TEKDiveUSA

89463779_2771505362947919_123954963775750144_o.png

New dates are 16-18 April 2021 in Orlando (although registration is not yet open it seems).

I’ll definitely be there to support my Lebanese mate (dive shop owner) who will be coming over from Saudi Arabia. Definitely interested in helping him make the most of the conference.

Anybody else planning on attending?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom