Replacing ScubaPro 109 w/ Deep 6?????

Will Deep 6 Second Stage work properly as designed with ScubaPro Mk V First Stage

• Yes. There won't be a problem

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • No. The second stage is not a good fit with the Mk V

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MargaritaMike

Divemaster
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a ScubaPro reg set from 1986. I replaced one of my 109's with a G250 in 1997 and now I am considering replacing the second one with a Deep 6 second stage. My question is this: With the Mk V first stage will the Deep 6 work right. I'm not sure of IP's and such as I don't service regulators, so I'm looking for a "Yes. It will work fine (great) (wonderfully)" or "No. It won't work right."

Thanks - M²

It may be best if @cerich or @LandonL chime in directly. Horse’s mouth as it were.

I don’t believe there will be any issues at all.

It will work fine if you follow the instruction below:
Tune your new second stage to the IP of your old first stage.
Send me the old second stage for proper disposal.

But seriously, see Herman's post. If you are truly looking for an upgrade, just upgrade the internals of your 109 to either a Balanced Adjustable (same guts as your G250) Store - Vintage Double Hose or keep it unbalanced with a new Duro poppet and replaceable seat. Store - Vintage Double Hose

Last edited:
It will work fine, the better question is why on earth would you swap a great reg for a lesser one?

It will work fine if you follow the instruction below:
Tune your new second stage to the IP of your old first stage.
Send me the old second stage for proper disposal.

But seriously, see Herman's post. If you are truly looking for an upgrade, just upgrade the internals of your 109 to either a Balanced Adjustable (same guts as your G250) Store - Vintage Double Hose or keep it unbalanced with a new Duro poppet and replaceable seat. Store - Vintage Double Hose

That's what I was waiting to hear. Thanks. You saved me some money. :D

Cheers - M²

I understand the attraction to new and shiny, but your 109 can be repaired/upgraded/all new parts @ vintagedoublehose.com , also, nice condition/refurbed 109/156's are readily available @ EBay. (vintagedoublehose also sells whole refurbed units.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom