Replacing hoses - braided or rubber?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suspect that if rubber hoses had been invented after braided hoses, everybody would be talking up the advantages of the new technology. No chafing! No floating!

Lol. Probably.

Human nature. What else can I say?

I suspect that if rubber hoses had been invented after braided hoses, everybody would be talking up the advantages of the new technology. No chafing! No floating!

not necessarily. Both have their advantages, but I don't see any advantages to rubber other than when used in a long hose for single file air sharing, or when placed in a hog loop around the neck. The kinking issue is real, but rubber hoses don't usually crimp because by the time you can crimp it, you're usually pulling it out of the fitting or dragging someone halfway to kingdom come.

I'm just a lowly rec/sport diver - no intentions of any cave diving, GUE, UTD, DIR, etc.

Yeah... we all said that at one point.

I'm just saying.

:shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom