Replacement Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsvihrajr

Reaction score
I have a Canon S230 and want to get replacement batteries as the 2 I got when I got the camera 4 years ago officially don't hold charge more than 30 seconds. Are aftermarket batteries as good as the manufacturer's batteries?

I'm looking to purchase here:

http://www.adorama.com/ (search for NB-1LH)... and they have ones by Lenmar, Canon, and Targus.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried to search NB-1LH on froogle? There are alot of companies selling these batteries. The one quantification I would look for is how many milliamp hours (mAh) the battery has. I was really surprised when I realized my camera manufacturer's brand name battery had fewer milliamp hours of capacity than lower cost brand X batteries.

I have used Adorama a couple of times in the past and gotten good service. With any of these companies make sure you get a couple of quotes and have a good idea of shipping charges. You may get a low ball product price, but really high shipping charges.

Hmmm, should have gotten the A-Series. Double AA's are easy to find!!! Good luck though.

Back
Top Bottom