DIR- GUE Replaceable Drysuit Neck and Wrist Seals - Latex or Silicone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personal suits: Replaceable wrist seals, neoprene neck. Easy to field-repair if needed (if diving the next day), no shop required, no clunky neck ring. Downside is some shops don't do neoprene neck seals, but they tend to last longer (in my experience) than latex/silicone.

For a shop: Neck rings are great for training suits.

I am another in favor of replaceable wrist and neck ring systems. They are good insurance that you will not have to abandon your plans should you suffer a torn seal while dressing out for a dive.

I used to whitewater kayak and I frequently saw folks at the put-in who tore their latex neck seal when donning their dry suit or dry top...lots of time and gas wasted as they had no viable alternative but to drive home.

For diving, I wouldn't purchase a suit without both replaceable neck and wrist rings, and so far the si-tech systems that came pre-installed in my suit have been trouble free.

-Z

love my orust si-tech flex neckring and nordic blue wrist rings. super flexible and easy to use. Always have spare seals around..already had two buddies rip their neckseals at different times and could easily replace them. Would never get a suit without them. Don't notice the neck ring at all and no impact on valve-drills..

Looks like folks either love it or hate it. I ended up ordering my suit with the SiTech quick neck.

Well, from experience there is quite the difference in stiffness between the orust and the quick neck system..I really didn't like the quick neck as it was stiffer and I could feel it on my shoulders..the orust, where you don't need any tool to change seals, is softer and much more comfy..
this one
ORUST Neck System - Modular Solutions - Products - SI-TECH

To throw a shoe in the works. I hate replaceable neck seals, the rings always irritate me. I dive a neoprene neck seal and love it. Much warmer and more comfortable.
Wrist seals, I like replaceable. I like the silicone personally, as they are more comfortable, but I dove latex for years without issue.

I've personally been that guy that split a neck seal while donning a suit, but I've also seen several people accidentally pop the rings of the neck seal so I'm not a fan. Replaceable wrist seals seem like a great idea to me, the only issue I've seen are a few people that struggled with valve drills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom