Rental car accident questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, she was charged the $750 deductible upon returning the car. I think she learned a lesson.
so she has no other insurance that can reimburse her for the $750?? ouch.

So, she was charged the $750 deductible upon returning the car. I think she learned a lesson.
I was looking at renting a car. So you recommend taking out full insurance which doubles the cost of the rental. Probably better to be safe than out of pocket.

@Learner Diver. You can be safe with a car rental without purchasing their insurance. However, for that to happen, it is your responsibility to know exactly what your personal car insurance company's, and/or your credit card company's insurance policy actually says in print on the policy or terms of service with reference to what they cover. Don't take some agent's opinion or understanding of the rules. Read the full policy/terms of service with the mindset of looking for every way they can deny your claim and stick you with the repair bill. Of course, not every insurance/credit card company is going to try to screw you, but they are in business to keep your money in their wallet if legally possible.

Edit: Meant this response as a reply to Learner Diver and not the original poster. Added the @...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom