Removing the blanking plug from SP R190

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverkev

Reaction score
I have a Scubapro R190 I wish to use as an octo , and want to know how to move the hose to the other side of the reg body ; specifically how to remove and replace the plug which blocks off the hose inlet on the side that does not carry the hose .

The R190 uses a different case design and guts than the balanced SP second stages.

The inlet housing can be moved to the other side on an R190 or R380/390, but you also have to swap the small plug in the inlet housing itself to the other side of the inlet housing to ensure the aspirator hole is pointing in the right direction.

To remove the plug you need to rotate the plug with a multi-tool while pushing on the plug from the inside. There is generally not much you can get wrong on a second stage, but this is one of them and it is a better idea to have an SP tech do it.

diverkev:
I have a Scubapro R190 I wish to use as an octo , and want to know how to move the hose to the other side of the reg body .

Making that changeover is similiar to doing a service in terms of skills, klnowledge, and tools. If you do your own service, it's just a mater of removing the blanking plug with about a 1/8 turn, remove the valve mechanism and intall it on the other side, and readjust cracking pressure as necessary.

But I'm unsure why you want to make that switch. The octo coming in from your right works fine, especially on a bungee. No conflict with inflator or HP hoses.

Back
Top Bottom