Removing Box Top from US Divers 2nd Stages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use one of those rubbery things for getting a grip on jar lids. You can also try a long warm soak (the regulator, not you) meaning a few days in warm clean water. It might help.

Not sure but I saw this on the Vintage Double Hose forum.

Re: Get front off SE4 2nd stage!
Wow! That was indeed the answer, thank you. I would have likely cracked some plastic and never figured it out. That ring and tab are difficult to see until it's apart.

And I got the LPO octo apart by hot soak and a Harbor Freight strap wrench. Thanks guys for all the help.

BTW, the SEA4 1st stage weighs 39oz, 13oz more than a Conshelf.

Excellent we got lucky.. Thanks Google

Coincidentally, I rebuilt a Cousteau first stage, newer SEA4, last night. Very simple reg, getting back up washer out of the spring block was bit of a pain trying not to scratch it. Other than that went together very easily and now functions perfectly. Yes, heavy as all hell. I like it. Paired it with some G250s I had lying around, will dive it tomorrow.

Last edited:
A word of caution. Those port plugs get very brittle and crack very easily, barely tighten them. As soon as it seats stop and do not tighten it farther. There are no replacements available from AL but VDH has a replacement. It's not an exact match but it's much stronger and made of better material.

Back
Top Bottom