relocating to NJ eventually from Ohio...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
greetings all

It has been some time since I've posted on Scubaboard, but I wanted to check in, and tonight I find myself in a forum I haven't ever been in...the nutshell story is that my gf (a Roselle Park native) and I will be moving from Columbus, OH (my hometown) back to the Roselle Park/Union/Elizabeth area in about a year. I'm already trying to do my research on the area, and among my gotta-haves are local dive shops and possibly a club to join. I did look through njdiver.com and maybe one or two other sites that I don't remember the names of, and feeling that there wasn't much in the area. Any local residents in here who know what shops and clubs are good bets, and if there are any that aren't listed in the websites? I'd like to hear from you.

(In particular, I'd like to know where in the area services US Divers/Aqualung and Dacor/Mares regs, since I have an SE2 and a Viper Tec...yeah, a Viper Tec, and I have no idea if Mares still provides parts for them, that's how long I've been away from Scubaboard! I used to know that all stuff.)

Anyway, I guess that's it. Talk to you all soon.

cheers

Billy S.

Don't be thrown off that you can't find NJ dive info on the web - there's plenty of shops and clubs around.

I grew up in Union myself. Nearest shop I know of to that area is Treasure Cove in Westfield.

Check Wreck Valley Divers Scuba Diving Club - home page for an on-line club that is quite active in NJ diving.

Welcome (back) to NJ!

Ray

Try the New Jersey Divers Message Board members3.boardhost.com Excellent local information from a small group of serious divers.

Treasure Cove (Westfield) is a very good LDS in the area you mention.

I did my AOW and my son did his OW at Ocean Explorers in Edison right next to the Menlo Park Mall. Don't know if they service your type of gear though. But they go out often to different places. There are also many other clubs so you can definitely get wet in Jerzee.

"Any local residents in here who know what shops and clubs are good bets, and if there are any that aren't listed in the websites? I'd like to hear from you."

NJDive.com's website
has a listing of dive clubs, blogs, websites, and also lists what boats are going out the next weekend. It also has a (new) forum, but not nearly as popular as this one or Wreckvalley.com. Visit the NJDive.com site and check it out.

Another really good site to check out is New Jersey Scuba Diver Its got everything you need to know about diving in Jersey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom