Reliable Backup-Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CosmoKramer

Registered
Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm looking for a reliable backup-light.
It should be running on normaly batteries, (C / AA / A)... not 18650 or sth...
First priority is reliability, second is output.
The price range is up to ~80 USD.
It should be deliverable within one week, because friends are in the US atm and will bring it to Germany for me.

Thanks in advance!
Cosmo

Grab a used Halcyon Scout. You could even score one in Germany easily.

I have the DRIS 1000 Dive Light. I used it as my primary light for diving the cenotes in Yucatan Mexico and night diving in Cozumel last month and I loved it. Very bright and enough spill to get good coverage. My Hollis LED5 on the other hand has a very tight beam, like a light saber, and was not as bright in comparison to the DRIS 1000. The Hollis has been turned into my backup light and the DRIS 1000 as my primary.

I have the DRIS 1000 on my harness no problem and I use the 1k shorty on a handle as my primary.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I have the DRIS 1000 on my harness no problem and I use the 1k shorty on a handle as my primary.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I have the same setup. Very good lights, simple, reliable, rugged. They are bigger than the ones with specialized batteries, but using standard batteries is nice. The shorty (3xAA) only get an hour at full brightness before dimming, The long one gets at ~3 hours.

Isn't the DRIS 1000 too large to store it at a DIR-Harness? I think it's very long...

I would say the DRIS 1000 is the typical/standard size for a 3xC light for clipping onto a BP/W harness. I have the DRIS clipped to my right D-ring with the light tucked in an elastic band and the Hollis clipped to my left in the same way. I'm not satisfied with AA lights due to short duration.

Hi,Cosmo,

we have many kinds of backup light.The lumens is between 250-1000lumens.It‘s made of cree buld.The water resistance is 200 meters.The quality is good.

Back
Top Bottom