Reliable Backup-Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

picked up a Hollis LED6 for my trip which was flawless a few days before leaving for Sipadan.

I have a mounted Intova video light which i normally use as a primary but switched to LED6 as my primary due to the power. it was 'significantly' more powerful than a someone's chinese "600 Lumin" light. I can't recall the brand, but it looked like it wasn't going to last that long. one o-ring which looked like it was the wrong size anyway.

Great night diving light and really like the burn time with C sized batteries (2 night dives, one 70min and one 95min on the same batteries with no noticable change in light strength). only gripe would be that the eye at the end of the light could be bigger. It isn't big enough to fit a separate good size cords for independent clip and wrist lanyard, but I'm sure I can sort something out with some time at home.

Hi All,

Just wanted to bump this post to see if anyone has any new suggestions for inexpensive, small backup lights. Leaving in 2 weeks to dive on Coz and will do a few cenotes on the penninsula and my backup flooded on my last trip. Trying to spend ~$50 for something that will fit in my BC pocket.

Thanks!

Out of all the lights I measured last week with my lux meter, Dorcy Dive II was the brightest (23,000 lux at 1m). It's currently only $35 on Amazon

Dorcy 41-1467 Dive II Submersible Anti-Corrosion LED Diving Flashlight with Nylon Lanyard, 220-Lumens, Black Finish - Amazon.com

I don't see how you can go wrong with this. It's highly recommended on this board (same light Penetrator 220 AFAIK)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom