Release Date For New Atomic Aquatics Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know how you feel. I assumed all winter and spring I would be using one on my trip to Belize last month.

Ron, thanks for confirming and filling in the details. Really glad to hear it will be Mac compatible.

Do you have any details on a protective cover or case for traveling? Last time I talked to Darcy she didn't know.

My LDS guy emailed me earlier this week to tell me Atomic's taking pre-orders now as he knows I'm a fan of all things Atomic. I'll be stopping by to place mine tomorrow.

I'm more concerned about if Atomic has contacted ZAGG to see if ZAGG can make/stock those thin, transparent screen covers, or if Atomic can have some ZAGG screen covers manufactured for Atomic so at least they could be ordered from an Atomic dealer! (I should think Atomic would automatically include a $ 10 neoprene travel cover within the $ 1200 unit price) , or I can just buy a generic branded one from anywhere if I need to...it's the ZAGG cover I REALLY want!

Answer to first question is yes. As to the 2nd question, There will be PC and Mac dive log software included, but the computer itself will store about 600 hours of diving in its internal dive log at a 30 second sample storage interval. You can view the dives graphically and in detail and step through them on the computer itself.

Will the log software allow import from other logs via CSV format or something similar? Does it have an online component? Will it export in some standard format?

Also, does the Atomic have an option to sample more often than 30 seconds? How fast can it be set? I don't care about storing lots of dives in the computer itself, that's what downloading is for. I would rather have the highest sample rate possible.

Will the log software allow import from other logs via CSV format or something similar? Does it have an online component? Will it export in some standard format?

Also, does the Atomic have an option to sample more often than 30 seconds? How fast can it be set? I don't care about storing lots of dives in the computer itself, that's what downloading is for. I would rather have the highest sample rate possible.

Plans are definitely to have export capability for 3rd party logbook software. That's not at the top of the list, though, so it might not be right away.

The storage rate can be set to 5, 15, 30, 60, or 90 seconds. Just to be clear, this is only how often a "snapshot" of the dive data is stored in memory, and has nothing to do with how often the computer is actually sampling and updating data during the dive- which is much more rapidly. What is stored will be the average for whatever time interval is specified.

Ron

Anybody hear anything about release date yet????
I hope they do not push it back to much further.

Nope. I called Darcy at Atomic to ask about it two weeks ago, and she was hoping for a late September release but here we are in mid-October...

I talked to Scubatoys a couple weeks ago, at which point the shipping date was to be in another 2 - 3 weeks, which would put the release date mid to late October.

Scubatoys WWW site has been updated with a new ETA of 'early November'.

I just stumbled across this thread, and hope I can provide some useful information. I'm one of the developers of the Cobalt computer...

I may have missed it in the specs and this thread, but I am surprised a constant PPO2 mode for decompression calculations for mixed-gas rebreathers is not included.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom