Regulators to consider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Figure I can do everything with the M1 that I can do with the other models but maybe can’t do with the other models what i can with the M1. If that makes any sense.
What can you do that you can't with other regs?

He already bought it. Don't be sending those negative waves.

😂 No problem. As I say often, if people buy a regulator from a quality manufacturer like Works, ScubaPro, Atomic, Deep 6, and others, they will be quite happy with it.

But to claim that any of them are magically better than others causes a question to be asked of how exactly is it better (or can do what others can't).

He already bought it. Don't be sending those negative waves.

😂 No problem. As I say often, if people buy a regulator from a quality manufacturer like Works, ScubaPro, Atomic, Deep 6, and others, they will be quite happy with it.

But to claim that any of them are magically better than others causes a question to be asked of how exactly is it better (or can do what others can't).

From what I researched, It’s sealed and cold water rated which not necessarily true of the rest of the Atomic line.
It is a piston regulator so it is "sealed" with grease. It doesn't matter for your diving (like I said above people who buy from good companies are happy with their purchase).

If you want a sealed reg, you need to go with a diaphragm. The sealing is what the service tech deals with.

It's got a turret with bottom port which is nice for some hose routings. And it's the piston version of environmentally sealed. Not something I'd want to deal with when it needs a service, but that's immaterial if you are paying a tech to do it anyway.

It's got a turret with bottom port which is nice for some hose routings.
Every reg I've owned has had that. I used to own the M1. Used to own a ScubaPro MK25 Evo. Had it. Deep 6 Signature reg, has it. It isn't anything special. Any reg for diving a twin-set better have that.

And it's the piston version of environmentally sealed.
Sealed with grease is kind of a joke, but okay.

Not something I'd want to deal with when it needs a service, but that's immaterial if you are paying a tech to do it anyway.

Yeah, given that I had regs screwed up by 3 different LDSs, if I wasn't self servicing, I'd want the simplest reg to service.

I'm not arguing the M1 is better than anything else, just trying to look on the bright side.

It's certainly a good regulator.

And I'm very happy to see others post Monty Python movie scenes.

Why ScubaPro? Not implying that they don’t make good gear, but they certainly aren’t the only ones that make good gear. You also, admittedly, don’t know a lot about the models. So why limit the available market?
I will be diving in remote locations in the South Pacific, i guess finding someone to service a ScubaPro regulator (if the need arises) is easiest, right?

PS I ended up getting a great deal on a used MK25+A700!

Back
Top Bottom