Regulators to consider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamedic2012

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
In the market for a new reg set. Currently running the Mares Rover 2S that was my first regulator I owned when I started diving so I think anything will be an upgrade. I was initially settled on the Atomic b2 regulator but, I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about Deep6. My primary want is ease of breathing throughout the water column followed by comfort. I don’t have a dive shop closer than two hours from me so it’s not very convenient to just pop in and try some out. I know everyone has their opinion on different brands but, I appreciate the advice.

I just bought an Aqualung Legend Elite. Best regulator I've ever breathed through in 25 years of diving.....Having said that, I'm a firm believer that all of the reputable manufacturers make good regulators, and once you hit a certain price point they're all good.

There are plenty of good people on here with way more knowledge than me, but I'm really happy with Deep 6. Don't know what thpe of diving you do, but they should handle most environments. And they are rugged.

For the price point I can have 2 sets of quality regs for close to the same as some of those big names with unlimited marketing. That's a priority for me, maybe not you.

Though I do envy shiny, pretty regs, lol, think I'm done in that dept. Well, except for a yoke first stage for travel. Then I'm done for sure...

... I do envy shiny, pretty regs ...
Me, too! Nothing shinier and prettier than a well-kept Scubapro Mk 10 + Balanced Adjustable/156. But they haven't been manufactured for a couple of decades. (Though they can live "forever"!)

rx7diver

There are plenty of good people on here with way more knowledge than me, but I'm really happy with Deep 6. Don't know what thpe of diving you do, but they should handle most environments. And they are rugged.

For the price point I can have 2 sets of quality regs for close to the same as some of those big names with unlimited marketing. That's a priority for me, maybe not you.

Though I do envy shiny, pretty regs, lol, think I'm done in that dept. Well, except for a yoke first stage for travel. Then I'm done for sure...
It’s easy to get caught up in the marketing for sure but, I don’t care to pay a little more if I feel I’m getting more. Not so much for fluf.

Since you didn’t mention price, you can’t go wrong with Scubapro and the G260. The G260 is the next generation of the G250, arguably one of the best regulators ever made with smooth WOB (which can be tuned). I currently run Mk25 and G250 as my primary regulators.

On the comfort topic I use a braided hose for my primary only. Everything else is rubber hose.
It eliminates any pulling/pushing, swivels, made a big difference for me.
DGX has good ones.

Back
Top Bottom