Regulators for EAN and O2 service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will_tekkie

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi friends...

I would be interested in your opinions about regulators used by you for EAN and oxigen service...specially which one has been the best option )cost, parts availability, etc.)...i´ve been using SP and diverite rg1200 regulators for this job and feedback has been good...because i´m not a user of apeks reg. fitted for o2 service i would appreciate the info you can give me about them, (Dry sealed system used on them could be nice used on high oxigen percentage mixes)...i´m a tropical or semitropical diver..so..freezing concerns are not in my mind...this is the reason i like SP, parts can be found everywhere...

thanks a lot...

Will

Well, Ive been using APeks regs for a few years now, and have had no issues. I like the sealed first stage design for high O2 usage because it stays clean. I am not a big fan of piston regs, although alot of people use Scubapro regs for high O2 also. Apeks regs are also very easy to clean for O2 service. Their service kits are EPDM orings, and you just clean the reg, clean the parts, and assemble with cristolube. Couldnt be easier. My Apeks regs work just fine with everything up to and including O2. Is that what you were looking for?

LUBOLD8431:
Well, Ive been using APeks regs for a few years now, and have had no issues. I like the sealed first stage design for high O2 usage because it stays clean. I am not a big fan of piston regs, although alot of people use Scubapro regs for high O2 also. Apeks regs are also very easy to clean for O2 service. Their service kits are EPDM orings, and you just clean the reg, clean the parts, and assemble with cristolube. Couldnt be easier. My Apeks regs work just fine with everything up to and including O2. Is that what you were looking for?

Thanks lubold for your feedback..i´m actually thinking to buy an apeks reg. for 02 service (atx50/ds4 i think is enough money)...being happy with diverite ones (diaphram) i´m curious to test this brand.( the guys of GUE i think bought some stocks of this brand..advertising from they have been very intensive) few of my diving buddies use them with good results..i also think membrane regs are a better design (in fact i own several ones) ..but SP piston regs are very good pieces of machinery and most important..parts are VERY easy to find worldwide which is not possible to say always about apeks ones..i need to sell several ones first..my house is becoming a kind of dive shop..

Back
Top Bottom