regulator with side exhaust vent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you really want to put your bubble problems behind you: Aqualung Mistral Regulator | LeisurePro

Nice play on words.

FWIW I read that they have issues with Mistral admittedly that was a while ago, I also read it was not a very good breather. As I said this is second hand info so take it at face value. I'd be interested to hear some first hand impressions. Cheers.

Still, againts the wave of others, Poseidon regs. Why will others not stand up for them? My guess is that the forms hate OMS and Poseidons.

OMS--yes. Poseidon--no. But for Poseidon it is difficult to find convenient and competent service. If one can lick those problems, it is a very good reg.

That mistral re-make is considered to be a very poor doublehose. But definitely a doublehose is the best way to get bubbles out of your face. I would suggest heading over to vintagedoublehose.com and looking into getting a phoenix with the HP 2nd stage or maybe one of the argonauts. Be prepared to spend some money, but then again, people drop close to $1K on new plastic regulators all the time just because their teachers/salesmen say to.

I don't think the single hose/side exhaust does much for bubble dispersion. Kneeling on the bottom of a pool is the problem. It's a very common complaint of new divers. Once you're actually in swimming position, the bubbles disperse around the side of your face.

Gee, maybe someday PADI will actually teach divers to stay horizontal, wouldn't that be a radical idea.

A Poseidon that works well is the best regulator on the planet, and I am not an Poseidon fanboy. I know of one technician in all of the United States that is worth anything when it comes to service. I know a whole lot of technicians that can't service a Poseidon for anything, but they think a lot of themselves. I don't know every Poseidon technician.

If you find the right Poseidon tech, the Poseidon is the only way to go.

A Poseidon that works well is the best regulator on the planet, and I am not an Poseidon fanboy. I know of one technician in all of the United States that is worth anything when it comes to service. I know a whole lot of technicians that can't service a Poseidon for anything, but they think a lot of themselves. I don't know every Poseidon technician.

If you find the right Poseidon tech, the Poseidon is the only way to go.

Respectfully, I may be that "right Poseidon tech", if you're looking. I have over a dozen sets in my shop right now, from 300/Cyklons to 2960 and 3960 Jetstream/Odins to the Xstream Duration for high oxygen. I get my parts from a sympathetic dealer who knows my work, and I know these regs cold.

Having finally gotten a sponsor, will be obtaining my official "certificate" from Poseidon at DEMA in November, and hope to become a regional service center for the new US distributor, after the last one went belly up. My shop has thousands invested in Poseidon spares in stock.

PM me, if you have a Poseidon question, and I'll get you the answer if Jorgen Nilsson doesn't answer first.
So much for the self-promotion! :) I don't know about "thinking a lot of myself", but I'll make your reg perfect. Did I break SB rules with this?

Jetstream Step 1: Go make sure your pre-dive switch is always stored on "+". There, I maybe saved you a new diaphragm or 0.5" in cracking effort. Cheers!

Rob

Respectfully, I may be that "right Poseidon tech", if you're looking. I have over a dozen sets in my shop right now, from 300/Cyklons to 2960 and 3960 Jetstream/Odins to the Xstream Duration for high oxygen. I get my parts from a sympathetic dealer who knows my work, and I know these regs cold.

Having finally gotten a sponsor, will be obtaining my official "certificate" from Poseidon at DEMA in November, and hope to become a regional service center for the new US distributor, after the last one went belly up. My shop has thousands invested in Poseidon spares in stock.

PM me, if you have a Poseidon question, and I'll get you the answer if Jorgen Nilsson doesn't answer first.
So much for the self-promotion! :) I don't know about "thinking a lot of myself", but I'll make your reg perfect. Did I break SB rules with this?

Jetstream Step 1: Go make sure your pre-dive switch is always stored on "+". There, I maybe saved you a new diaphragm or 0.5" in cracking effort. Cheers!

Rob

Exactly! And another point to your credit with the Pre-dive switch in the + position during storage. Are you ready to start servicing mine? Shoot me a PM with prices. I think I am up to about 7-8 first and second stages.

I have always liked the concept of side exhaust but wasn't really happy with my Oceanic Omega II (about 1994) and was discouraged from Poseidons by the apparent difficulty of getting a good service and tune! The new Hollis 500SE is a side exhaust with a longer exhaust shroud that should put bubbles further away from the face, I am taking a leap of faith and picking one up in a few days. Unfortunately the first ocean dive won't be until probably mid October, but I will be immediately plummeting to the 15ft depth of the dive shop pool to check it out and if anyone is interested I can post my impressions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom