Regulator record - anyone beat this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a note to ekewaka, the more you dive, the more you realize you don't know. Keep diving, keep learning, you'll be surprised in a few years.

D.C.C.

ekewaka:
I think this thread has gotten of topic. Let's just not worry about the PADI standards for now. We don't even know that she was PADI certified. It is obvious that the woman is interested in safety, since she had 4 regulators. We can assume that she is doing a 30 foot per minute ascent rate and a safety stop.

Now we just need one more thing. Does anyone know the answer to my other question? What is a normal SAC rate for three panicked divers and a fat woman?

Wow. :shakehead I sure am glad we didn't dive together last weekend as we started to. To save you the trouble of planning any future dives with me...I'm PADI and I'm obese. :mooner:

This is OT but @ stephi:
You have a "Darwin Air Computer"?
That is a funny name for a divecomp...

Here's a better "crawling tool" than a reg, though I suppose you could just duct tape a reg to it:

dad.jpg

Stephi:
I'm PADI and I'm obese. :mooner:

I also carry 4 regs. My primary, an octo built into my inflator, a second primary clipped off on my right side, and a spare air. The integrated octo is very easy to use since my right hand is normally carrying a housed camera. The second primary is for OOA divers and classes I'm DM interning. The spare air is because I travel frequently, I'm single, and I've been paired up with too many divers who are less conscientious than I far too many times.

For those who say the spare air is stupid....it might only be a minute or two of air, but I've practiced an emergency ascent with it from 100 feet and it was enough air for me to reach the surface safely. And that's good enough for me.

philmayer:
For those who say the spare air is stupid....

if some air is good, more air has to be better, right? why not carry an AL40 pony?

i don't think spare air is stupid, but if i'm going to go throuth the trouble of lugging it around, i might as well carry a pony

J.R.:
Wrong... my card doesn't say, "Certified by Bob the Wonder Squid"... it sez' SSI... or PADI... or NAUI... instructors are just agents of the dark forces bound by whatever rules they agreed to be bound by... :popcorn: But... I realize that what you're probably saying is that some instructors tend to take the already lax and simplistic standards and, being progressive and forward thinking in their views... tend to get a bit ahead of the agencies curve...
Oh, you have one of them fake cert cards?
Cause mine specifically states not only the instructors name, but also his instructor cert number..

ekewaka:
I think this thread has gotten of topic. Let's just not worry about the PADI standards for now. We don't even know that she was PADI certified. It is obvious that the woman is interested in safety, since she had 4 regulators. We can assume that she is doing a 30 foot per minute ascent rate and a safety stop.

Now we just need one more thing. Does anyone know the answer to my other question? What is a normal SAC rate for three panicked divers and a fat woman?

What is your SAC? I've been diving with a lot of larger women who use less air than all the men they dive with, especially the new divers. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom