Regulator Recommendation w/ Adjustable Inhalation Knob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downunder_WPB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for the cheapest regulator + first stage combo with an adjustable inhalation knob (not a pre dive switch) with 40% nitrox capability.

I was looking over the Apeks XTX50 which is a bit on the high side for the amount of diving I do.

Does anyone have a more economical suggestion? I really like the ability to dial in my inhalation depending on depth and generally how I am feeling.

Side note: if someone has a specific suggestion and actually owns the device themselves, please comment as to why you like it!

Last edited:
I'll sell you a Tusa for $50 shipped.

image.jpeg

I just ordered my set. You can search it on here or go to their website. They are IMHO going to be the next big thing as far as scuba gear and the industry is concerned. Already several happy customers and the regs are priced well. 2 year service interval with a free first service when you pay shipping.

Apeks is pricing themselves out(unless the new owner has different idea, Aqualung has been sold?). They are very reliable and easy to service but the retail price is nothing but ridiculous.
Deep 6 is probably the one that I would go if I am looking for new regs but my Apeks are still working fine after all those yrs(~18).

Last edited:
I have HOGs which is now, Deep Six I believe? Not sure of the value in a Venturi adijustment? Just did 12 dives with these and couldn't really tell any distinguishable difference turning the inhalation knob?

HOGs can be found new on the cheap relatively speaking. Try leisure pro or one of the other online retailers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom