Regulator hose under arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to try it out with a flex hose connected to the bottom port on my reg. I already where my octo on a necklace.

Octo in necklace and primary on 7' hose under arm and then up around neck and into mouth. I tuck the lowest part of the 7' hose into my cummerbund so that hose isnt out floating around free.

The only part that ever bothers me is the octo hose laying across the top of my right shoulder....I dive with a skin only and can feel it rubbing sometimes. Not a big deal but a minor irritation. Still working on solving that part.

I am an ocean diver (no wreck penetrations) and I went from the 7' across chest-around head to a 48" under-right arm with 90 degree swivel set up (bungeed secondary under my chin either way). I much prefer my new set-up. A little easier to don and doff, but more important much less pull on the mouthpiece of my reg. Very relaxed and tension free. I use a braided flex hose not rubber and it stays snug against my body so far. In practice drills the 48" hose is perfect for OW sharing. No need for the 7' rigs which cavers and wreck people need who must share while swimming single file. All in all, I highly recommend it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom