Regulator for Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It really depends on you and what type of set up you plan to dive. For technical divers a seven foot is common. But a five is also a viable option if not using a can light or.other item to stow the long hose. And then of.course are the more standard lengths.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

if technical diving is not in your future then the blizzard is a beauty of a reg. It works great under the ice, in warm, silty, and overall bad environments, they also breathe fine at 130ft. Not to mention they are super easy and inexpensive to service. My wife has been diving blizzards for several years now and loves em. I've used em many times and they are indeed a work horse.

The bleed on them makes them not a good match for a stage bottle as you have a stage/deco bottle pressurized and turned off, over time the bleed will bleed off all pressure in the hoses and allow them to flood, not so good for a reg.

So if you are planning on diving recreational for some time then I would not hesitate to go with a blizzard. It could be the only reg you buy.

If/when you decide to go tech, you will soon realize that picking up 4 or 5 regs is the least of the cost haha.

cheers!

Edit to add:

Like was mentioned HOG is also a great reg at amazing prices.....not much more to say there :D

Back
Top Bottom