Regulator for warm water 60' dives ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Came in first in top regs under $500 !

2013 ScubaLab Regulators: Best Buy - Edge Epic 2012 | Reg Test | Dive Gear Review | Scuba Diving

---------- Post added August 23rd, 2014 at 07:38 PM ----------

From reading everyone compares the Egde Epic 2012 with Hog Regulators

id like to buy my own 100HP steel tanks, which I would in return like to use DIN

but that will be down the road some. The Hog An Edge seem very comparable

Same company. HOG is their tech oriented line, Edge is the Rec. line. edge-gear.com gets you to both of them.

RBS

I think I'm going to try the Edge 2012 out

from what I been reading the Hog is designed more towards tech, giving you a DIN 1st stage, and the Edge 2102 was designed more towards rec use

i can't find one thread where someone said they didn't like the Edge 2012

For $250 I'll have to try it out

im just seeing if I can find if they are O2 cleaned to 40% , so I can use them with Nitrox

---------- Post added August 23rd, 2014 at 08:14 PM ----------

Can anyone confirm the Epic 2012 can be used with Nitrox before I buy it?

Yes the Edge Epic is O2 Cleaned.

you may want to just get the HOG and a yoke adapter, it's cheaper than trying to convert one to the other. Disadvantage being the first stage will stick out a bit farther on a yoke valve, but if you're planning on going DIN, it's best to just go right from the get go.

Thanks for the O2 clarification

i think in kill try the Epic Edge, all though it looks like the Hog is only $349 in DIN with the DS3 1st stage

ill be renting tanks for the next year anyway, so it will give me a chance at $250 to try their regs out

Thanks for everyone's help, I'm very excited on trying a different line I haven't used yet

Great reviews, Scuba. Labs top choice, and rebuild kit is $40 bucks

I'm going to order it right now :)

---------- Post added August 23rd, 2014 at 08:36 PM ----------

$275 free shipping, ordered in DIN with a sealed 1st stage , thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom