Aqua Lung Core vs Legend MBS for warm water diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortola

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone used both the Aqua Lung Core AND Legend MBS regulator in warm water Caribbean diving? I've used the Legend MBS but wonder if I would see any real difference in performance with the Core in warm water. It certainly seems like a more travel friendly regulator.

Core. The Core has been replaced with the Helix. I am not real keen on Aqua Lung anymore since parts availability even to large dealers is non existent.

I have a Core Supreme and it is the equal of the Legend which we also have. The Core is more travel friendly due to the first stage being so much smaller and lighter. You do give up the adjustment knob and I am sort of like, really do not care.

Thank you both for these comments. They're really helpful and confirmed what I thought. (I actually meant Helix, since, as you noted, the Core is discontinued).

I want to go back and make a clarification and I am surprised somebody has not jumped on me for saying the Core/Helix is the equal of the Legend. I made that statement in regards the OPs post and warm water diving. I make this clarification before somebody must correct me and brings up diving in 32 degree water :wink:. There is no 32F degrees water in the Caribbean unless it is a cold beer or an ice cube in my margarita. Yes, yes, the Legend is a better choice for a cold water regulator. :).

I want to go back and make a clarification and I am surprised somebody has not jumped on me for saying the Core/Helix is the equal of the Legend. I made that statement in regards the OPs post and warm water diving. I make this clarification before somebody must correct me and brings up diving in 32 degree water :wink:. There is no 32F degrees water in the Caribbean unless it is a cold beer or an ice cube in my margarita. Yes, yes, the Legend is a better choice for a cold water regulator. :).

Was just about to mob you James😂

Back
Top Bottom