Regulator Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have just finished my PADI Open Water certification. I bought all my own equipment and made a poor choice in regulators. I purchased the Oceanic Alpha 8 reg but found it was difficult to breath at about 60 feet. I also did'nt like all the bubbles in my face when I exhaled. My buddy has a Sherwood Magnum and I liked that it came with and extended exhaused tee. I am thinking of buying the Sherwood Maximus now but wondered if there are any other brands of regs that have extended exhaust tees.

The Oceanic should be fine at a relitively shallow depth of 60ft, apart from your bubble issue, I think perhaps the Oceanic just needs a bit of calibration to make it a more comfortable breather.

Bubbles are strange things :D - I am not saying the Sherwood extended exhaust wont be more comfortable for you, but just that you may also need to just look at your "indive position" if you are a bit too upright (not that uncommon) you tend to look more horizontally and then you will always have bubble issues, even with an extended exhaust, see if its better when looking downwards at a slight angle before you change things or if you cant just get an extended Oceanic exhaust (not sure if thats possible)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom