Regulator choice M1 or XTX200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No issues with lube attracting sand and dirt causing issues later?

Not in my experience. The G250s came jam packed with lube and I never had an issue with those either. Having said that I do routine maintenance so perhaps if left untouched for long enough it might become a problem, just not one I've ever encountered. The non lubing from the factory causes a fairly immediate issue in contrast.

It moves the hoses angulation when not under pressure, half of the time you forget to move them back in the position you want them to stay and then you have to dump the circuit and do it again.. yes it's annoying for me. :)
The additional failure point is about an additional "moving" part that could leak/fail/whatever ...is it ever happened? I have no idea, but it's the reason of why it's not DIR style (I don't care to be honest.. but they have a point).

I've read a few anecdotal reports of the turret bolt coming loose. User error or otherwise, I've no idea.

The additional failure point is about an additional "moving" part that could leak/fail/whatever ...is it ever happened? I have no idea, but it's the reason of why it's not DIR style (I don't care to be honest.. but they have a point).

You are talking about the rotating turret in the first stage?

Are you stating that all rotating turrets in first stages out there are not DIR? (Including SP, Atomic, APEKs, etc. first stages)

Are you stating that all rotating turrets in first stages out there are not DIR? (Including SP, Atomic, APEKs, etc. first stages)

and Halcyon, UTD, and ISE. @npole UTD and ISE are one of the only ones still using DIR, and Halcyon is used by many of the GUE instructors. If swivel turrets aren't DIR, then your definition needs revising.

Here is the head of GUE diving Scubapro MK25's
jarrod-191x300.jpg

Head of the WKPP diving MK25's
th_mckinlay..jpg

could continue, but no point. The swivel turrets, if properly maintained, are a non issue and provide a lot of perks in hose routing and arguably safety with long hose donation

Can someone tell me what does regulator warranty do? Like what is covered what is not?

Here is a good discussion regarding warranty:

I don't know if all the swivel turrets aren't DIR compliant, but that one isn't.
In fact they go for the XTX50/DS4 kit (on doubles) that is the XTX50 1st without the turret and only 1 hp port each.

I don't know if all the swivel turrets aren't DIR compliant, but that one isn't.
In fact they go for the XTX50/DS4 kit (on doubles) that is the XTX50 1st without the turret and only 1 hp port each.

Hmm, two of my local GUE instructors have DST for their back gas. Unless something changed in recent years, I think DSTs are just fine for GUE

I'm sure if I start digging I can find pictures of people in the DIR community that dive with DST's.... There is no reason one turret would be compatible and another isn't since they all use essentially the same design...

there we go, @eelnoraa did it for me...

Your information is outdated. DIR is like Linux, there are different "flavors" and no one standard. In the late-90s, GI3 used to preach against additional failure points of which a turret is one. If a turret comes off you will lose your gas quite fast and not be able to breath or inflate. However, this is rare and usually due to poor servicing. When DIR was more or less standardized in the Fundies book, there was no mention of a prohibition on regulators with turrets. GUE, ISE, and UTD divers all use regulators with turrets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom