Regulator choice M1 or XTX200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've narrowed my decision down to these two options, which one would you choose?

Cold water, warm water, deep, shallow, all diving conditions

For me I went Apeks and couldn't be happier. All diving conditions.....

Why the XTX50 of the 200? are they not relatively the same?

My understanding is that the M1 and the XTX200 are both good regs, however i'm being told that deeper down the M1 breathes much better

I believe an M1 will cost you about $40 extra per service for Christolube to seal it for cold performance. However it's every 2 years/300 dives. IDK the service interval for Apeks.

Assuming all those conditions you named mean travel - most Aqualung dealers also can service Apeks - and I see a lot more of them than Atomic dealers where I travel.

I do like my Atomics though...effortless breathing even at depth.

M1 for sure. Atomic regulators have best performance, best reliability (by virtue of design), rotating turret, etc. You can go much longer in between servicing it, I go 5 years usually, and it will perform as new saving lots of money on service yet it still maintains warranty.

Why the XTX50 of the 200? are they not relatively the same?

The XTX 50 is cheaper and has better hose routing than the 200. They both breath similarly.

The XTX 50 is cheaper and has better hose routing than the 200. They both breath similarly.
I don't find the turret on DST gives better routing.
As far as I am concern, DS4 + XTX50(TX50 or ATX50) is as good as any Apeks in the market. But bear in mind that DS4 has only one HP port and some divers might find it insufficient.

Back
Top Bottom