Regulator Bag Life Hack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a soft case for CDs - remember them - about 1' x 1' x 8" - now carries my regs and other gear

My laundry hamper carries the rest of my gear - when diving locally.

Hey there. Just a way to save some money. You can buy a jumper cable bag that is padded and is put together almost identical to a regulator specific bag. I saved 80% at least.
I was thinking would the zipper stand up to the effects of salt?

Some will

Do not spend $ on regulator bags. They're a great upsell for a dive store but can lead to problems.

When you wrap your regulator hoses, you create stress points around the crimped areas where rubber contacts metal. That's where your hoses will start breaking down and leaking.

Hang your regulators after dives to get water out. Then lay them out flat so there are no stress points. While driving to a dive site, lay them out in your car. If you're flying, yes, then you need to coil the hoses but go for the biggest circle possible to minimize the stress.

@Learner Diver - I am curious why you disagree with my post. How many hoses have you inspected lately?

@Learner Diver - I am curious why you disagree with my post. How many hoses have you inspected lately?
He's done this to a couple of my posts (disagreed without explanation). The strength of his opinion appears to be the inverse of the depth of his knowledge (as evidenced by the following posted earlier today):

...This is something I would dread happening to me once I'm fully certified. I have read that you're taught hand signals. I may buy a horn to fit to my rental BCD when I begin the new course in October.

I center my first stage in the bottom of my reg bag. This allows hoses to lay flat for around six inches either side of stage, alleviating stress on these ferrules.

'Also position mouthpieces of seconds in directions where they act as bumpers betwixt 1st & 2nd stages.
1717791818778.png

The neoprene covers, put pressure on two water bottle lids glued together, to hold down purge button:
1717791700194.jpeg
1717790899804.png

Lucky me, starting June 19th they will leave the bag of darkness, and start living on the folded beach towel that lies, on the passenger seat of my truck! :thumb2:

I think that there's a bit of over-thinking involved with the topic.

Here is one of my spares, which has lived in my truck and / or boat bag for several years, along with the nice padded baggie that it originally came in -- no fuss, no muss; and the hoses are all just fine -- no kinks, no nothing; and I haven't given any thought to its purge button(?) . . .

Attachments

• IMG_3647.jpeg
    IMG_3647.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3646.jpeg
    IMG_3646.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 10
If I could do over, 'would get all Scubapro G260's with locking purge button. This feature should be on all regulators IMHO. Of course, this would cut down on the regulator service income, and is why I suspect these devices are not ubiquitous among manufacturers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom