Regulator Bag Life Hack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am curious why you disagree with my post. How many hoses have you inspected lately?
I think manufacturers have tested their products before leaving the factory. I'm not the only one who has disagreed. Why you have singled me out is kind of odd. :shocked:

I think manufacturers have tested their products before leaving the factory. I'm not the only one who has disagreed. Why you have singled me out is kind of odd. :shocked:
The post you disagreed with is about what happens after they leave the factory.

You were the only one that responded with the disagree tag. Look around, we don't use that tag very lightly on this forum. When we do, it's customary to follow up with an explanation unless a post is clearly unreasonable, which was not the case here.

Just yanking your chain . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-06-07 at 5.18.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-07 at 5.18.26 PM.png
    42 KB · Views: 14
ou were the only one that responded with the disagree tag. Look around, we don't use that tag very lightly on this forum. When we do, it's customary to follow up with an explanation unless a post is clearly unreasonable, which was not the case here.
If I recall correctly, you were the only one who was downright rude when I first joined this forum, with no explanation as to what angered you.
I didn't know it was mandatory to offer a full explanation, since others who are highly experienced have done so already. :cheers:

If I recall correctly, you were the only one who was downright rude when I first joined this forum, with no explanation as to what angered you.
I didn't know it was mandatory to offer a full explanation, since others who are highly experienced have done so already. :cheers:
I thought you were some kind of bot because you ran through the forum making a bunch of generic, pointless or factually incorrect posts on a wide variety of threads.

I was clearly wrong about that. You aren't a bot. I'm now going to do what I should have done originally and put you on my very short ignore list.

Ohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm, Ohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm, Ohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Well unless others have removed their thumbs down from that post you are the only one left
where attention to detail is Scuba, Board lore

I'm not the only one who has disagreed.

But go for it, it may take some time to reach the Andrea Doria of climbing, the top of Everest

Keep enjoying yourself dude and maintain that enthusiasm, it rocks

and remember, don't explain, don't apologise

unless???????????

Your post was quite smart until you edited and added the last sentence

I thought you were some kind of bot because you ran through the forum making a bunch of generic, pointless or factually incorrect posts on a wide variety of threads.

I was clearly wrong about that. You aren't a bot.

I was thinking would the zipper stand up to the effects of salt?

Salt, yes. Even battery acid.

But tension, constant carry, being tossed around on a cramped Caribbean bus??? Heck no.

Most cable bags will split right open and dump your regs. Likely when you're standing over concrete. I think all three of the zippers on my cable bags are split open.

Many lack padding as well.

I splurged and have one big DGX case and one Little. Often I travel with the big case, since I can stuff more gear inside.

Biggest benifit to reg bags: Rental divers will give you a free pass. If that bag was a duffle bag, you'd offend their moral sensibilities. "How dare anyone have there own gear and need a place to set it." Even if the only space we take up, is or own seat.

You're lucky it was just one. This board has a collection of some [real winners].

My dive closet if full of Harbor Freight tool bags. I use them for weights, regs, whatever. They come in any size you could want, go on sale all the time, they're tough enough and have a top zipper so even if it blows out, your gear stays inside. You can even buy them in red/blue/black to help identify which bag you are grabbing.

IMG_0513.jpg

I stopped using a bag several years ago because it took up room that I needed for other carryon things - even if I packed other stuff in the bag. When I went to the Philippines I was told I’d have to pack my reg in my checked bag on the way home because it’s seen as a potential weapon. Since doing that I’m an advocate of packing in checked luggage - between clothes/neoprene. It would be hard for someone in luggage handling to grab a reg and take it home without it being seen because they’re so awkward. I’m happy to have recouped the space in my carryon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom