Reels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPBECK

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am always on the look out for new reels- I have a few different models-- For a few years I used Gold Reels- Then I used a Gold SEAL reel (has a spring loaded handle) --- I hated those things because if you happened to get butter fingered the spool would tangle--I know they say you can clear it in 30 seconds but I could never clear it period...

I went to the Halcyon Pathfinder reel- Now I have to try to get it jammed... Cant do it--- Really happy with it!

But since I found this one I am wondering if it is possible that there are better ones out there or what other people outside my group are using... So what are you using?

In my cave classes, I stuck with the Dive Rite safety and primary reels. I looked at the Halcyon reels...but for the price...gimme a break. A reel is a pretty overpriced piece of gear anyway :)

I haven't used them in a wreck yet - I'm looking to take start this summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom