Ginnie Catacombs Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video. I will add that as a cave diver I actually hate most cave diving videos I see. Always the same boring stuff (from a cinematic perspective) and really only watch them to see how places Ive been look on video vs in my mind or to scope out a new passage. Most of the time I skip through and fast forward.
This video was great. I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it. I liked how it was setup and seeing you in the video and I also liked it was the right length. Most videos are so long they lose your interest.
Keep it up

What BC were you using?

Edd modded XDeep Stealth Tec 2.0

looks like some Mexico caves I have been in. Great video.

Regina has a few sections that look a lot like Ginnie. I want to do something like this in Mexico, but I would basically need to spend a few months there.

This video was great. I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it. I liked how it was setup and seeing you in the video and I also liked it was the right length. Most videos are so long they lose your interest.

Thanks, I've been reading up on movie making. Trying to apply the lessons.

Excellent footage! I haven't been in the Catacombs since my Intro class and now I want to go back!

What did you have your camera mounted to in order to get such stable footage, and what were you filming with?

What did you have your camera mounted to in order to get such stable footage, and what were you filming with?

I shot it with a GoPro Hero 11.

My camera setup is a bit complex because it is a do it all setup.

20230725_154011.jpg

Two video lights on longer Locline arms and floats to make it nearly neutral, really nice to be able to move around to fine tune the light. Backscatter tray with a long QD plate that I got off Amazon. An ankle weight to stop it from swaying, by making my nearly neutral rig negative.

Joby Gorillapod 5K, a replacement for a 1K that is still missing from my Bypass Line shoot, it is more negative which also helps with stability. On the tripod I have a QD clamp, so I don't have to carry it in with the legs sticking off it.

And of course bolt snaps and cave line.

I shot it with a GoPro Hero 11.

My camera setup is a bit complex because it is a do it all setup.

Two video lights on longer Locline arms and floats to make it nearly neutral, really nice to be able to move around to fine tune the light. Backscatter tray with a long QD plate that I got off Amazon. An ankle weight to stop it from swaying, by making my nearly neutral rig negative.

Joby Gorillapod 5K, a replacement for a 1K that is still missing from my Bypass Line shoot, it is more negative which also helps with stability. On the tripod I have a QD clamp, so I don't have to carry it in with the legs sticking off it.

And of course bolt snaps and cave line.
Very nice! I figured it had to be some kind of weighted tripod based on how stabile the footage was. My GoPro footage definitely does not look like that LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom