Ginnie Bypass Lines Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonderful and well done! I love the fact that you thought about and composed your shots and didn't feel compelled to carry the camera with you. (Although you could have added some short POVs here and there.)
A couple of constructive comments if I may: Some of the shots could be with tighter edits/shorter and be mindful too of light hotspots. There was one shot where you could have placed a rock near the light to hide it. And I think I only saw you glance at the camera a couple times.
I would suggest using less light. Use light (and shadows) to create an interesting frame. (As you did in some set-ups.) And I loved the fact that you left the breathing, ambient sound in! To me, that's often preferable.
Photographers and cinematographers use composition and lighting to create images that are aesthetically pleasing and interesting and helps tell the story without hopefully drawing too much attention to it.
On professional productions, it can easily take a 12 hour day or longer to shoot what will be on screen for around five minutes.

@Gene
Thanks for the comments.

I read Grammar of the Edit a long time ago and have been refreshing myself on the subject, and shoot with the final product in mind. In fact tomorrow I am going to spend a day in the Catacombs just figuring out what shots I want for my next video.

But yeah the hotspots were challenging, and I want to boost the contrast between the light and the dark in my next video if possible.

Very nice work. Avoid looking into the camera. Either look directly at the camera or look past it. Is there a reason why you only kick with your left foot?

Best wishes Jens

I lost my right leg to a blind cave shark attack.
These bastards are everywhere.

IMG_1737.jpeg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom