Reef Club All Inclusive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stayed at the Reef Club for 7 nights in Oct. 2004. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. Only got hit up once about the timeshare and they merely asked, we showed no interest and they told us to stop by if they could be off any assistance. The food however does get old quick. Maybe it was not the food as much as fighting the Bees and flies for the food that got old!! You did not even attempt to get some things they were covered with bees. The soda machines, the bees would crawl up into the nozzle and so when you went to get a drink it did not work. The personnel would come over undo the nozzle and the bee would fall out, all better. After a couple of times you just do it yourself, watch the sprite, they love it! (Time of the year?) If you’re a beer drinker, go downtown and buy some. The XX on tap gets old real fast and the drinks are nothing to speak of. Well they do sell six-packs onsite for $12. Now if you’re a member there is another bar and they offer more variety/ better brands.

Location to the reefs is great!! We dove with Sand Dollar no complaints at all. The staff was friendly and attentive to divers with any issues. We did the afternoon dives to Palancar Caves and then Cederal Pass. Both great dives, visibility was great. Next day we did a night dive at Yucab, although the boat was a little crowded for this. They split us into 2 groups of 8 or so and it turned out well.

Edit here, almost forgot about the snorkeling at night. Go to the Northen part
of the resort. You will see Eels, lobster, a few but not many fish...........But as snorkeling goes........not to bad........

Sorry, no children with us on the trip. They do seem to keep them active and even did an intro to scuba in the pool for a couple of the older kids.

So, would I stay there again? Well probably not, maybe a 3-4 night trip (They are cheap and it could have been seasonal with the flying pesks.). The food/bees/flies were bad but more importantly I would rather be closer to downtown. I deal with traffic everyday, long boat rides….Well not so much!! So I will go with the longer rides to the reefs and closer walk/ride to downtown. I will go back to Park Royal if I want a lower end all-inclusive. Close to town and the food was not to bad. No more AI when I go to Cozumel, to many good places to eat downtown.

Hope this helps,

Coz…..

Back
Top Bottom