Redundancy demands a back up!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redundancy demands a backup.

I merely stated that a good watch and a SPG are all you need.
Custom tables, not really, IANTD makes some really neat vinyl roll up tables that I carry in my pocket on every dive, even have deco stops on them. You can get them for every mix you want to dive, even EANx 21.

Price of watch I could have bought a cheap backup. Probably, but they don't look as good in a resturant as the watch does. And they won't fit under a long sleeve shirt either.

Each person has to decide for theirself what his/her level of redundancy they are comfortable with. Yes I use a wrist computer, but I also use my watch and SPG. Worked for Lloyd and the thousands of others that started diving before I was even a glint in my father's eye and that's good enough for me.

ID

Don,
Yup, all that too. :) Thanks.
Neil

:wink:The other day while diving in a cave on tri-mix wearing my backplate &wings I noticed a wreck at 210' As I penetrated the wreck I had to give away my primary(7ft hose)to a fellow GUE diver.As I was reaching to grab my camera I felt the band on my back-up computer/bottom timer give way.I knew I'd be OK as I believe in redundancy and had 2.Since this type of diving is about the only time I have anything redundant other than bullets,I decided to go ahead and take the picture of the pretty little fishies no-one else had ever seen.And remember the most important piece of gear when dealing wiyh human beings is a redundant sense of humor!

OK, so I have an air integrated computer (Suunto Cobra). This means that if my computer happens to fail, I (among others) will not know how much air I have remaining (at least not until its rather late).

Therefore, should I get a simple set of analog gauges as backup (ie. air pressure and depth)??.

Im inclined to do so, as a simple 2 gauge setup from Mares can be had for about $100.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom