Redondo Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wylerbear

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be down in Redondo Beach meeting a friend to go diving next week. He just moved there and is an inexperienced, warm water diver. I'm from Portland and I'm an AI with over 500 cold water dives.
Any suggestions for a good dive shop (he'll need to rent gear) and a site or 2 that won't freak him out but will also be fun for me? I'm into Critter Watching and photography. He'll probably be fine with anything that doesn't scare him.
Thanks for any help.

If you don't mind the drive Luguna Beach, Crescent Bay or Shaws Cove. Also Malaga Cove is pretty mild & shallow around 8-15 ft.

John

For rentals, divensurf is ok, I like seadsea much better and they know what a full airfill is.

As far as spots to dive, you should check out White Point, there are sulfure fresh water spring that goes into the ocean, very interesting and rare eco-system and in some part, the bottom is white, as if there was snow at the bottom.

You may as well start by diving at Veteran's Park in Redondo Beach.

If that goes well you can go to Malaga Cove and enter by the sand and swim to where the structure is.

Christian

Back
Top Bottom